[𝟓]

- don't know whether to be happy/sad about blackpink's cb news. :-( we won't get the full album until september, but i had some time to get this chapter out now. enjoy!

DECEMBER 24TH

Lisa feels warm - not stiflingly so, but there's a warmth surrounding her and pulling her back to sleep.

She grips at the edges of her consciousness, which is a barely there thing to begin with, and fight to keep herself in that sweet suspended state between dream and reality that never felt this good before. She blinks against the sleepy haze clinging at her and she can't quite remember the last time she's been this comfortable in bed - maybe back when she was a child and both her parents tucked her in after a long summer day playing outside with her brother.

Keeping her eyes open for longer than a moment is almost torture but Lisa frowns, confused by how the light hits unfamiliar sheets at an odd angle. She's nearly falling back asleep when she catches sight of a drawn on wall, a paint stained desk and succulents littering its top - oh. yes, that's right.

She's spent the night at Chaeyoung's.

The memories wash over her and she lets her eyes fall closed again, lets the images come to her like a flood - her reaching over to swipe pasta sauce from Chaeyoung's cheek, the blonde's giggling as Lisa accidentally tickles her while trying to get the remote, their ankles intertwining as they brushed their teeth in the tiny bathroom, how Lisa fell into Chaeyoung's waiting arms and fell asleep almost instantly.

Shifting in her almost useless attempt to keep herself awake, Lisa feels arms tightening around her waist. She smiles - despite all the tossing and turning Chaeyoung does the entire freaking night, she's found her way back to Lisa. She pays attention to pressure points and her smiles widens. Chaeyoung has one leg edged between Lisa's, the other thrown over her hip, firmly trapping her in place as her arms circle her middle, squeezing her ribs every now and then.

Lisa untangles one of her arms from Chaeyoung's koala hug and searches for the blonde's hand, tracing odd patterns on her forearm as she trails down. Lisa is circling the blonde's protubing wrist bone, drawing something akin to a flower around her, when the hand under hers turn, palm up and inviting.

She slides her fingers in between Chaeyoung's, smiling wide when the blonde squeezes her fingers once. "Good morning," Lisa's voice is heavy with sleep and she lets her eyes fall closed again, lets the warmth emanating from Chaeyoung pull at her without putting up any fights.

Chaeyoung hums her approval and nuzzles further into Lisa's neck, despite her brown curls flying everywhere. "Morning, beautiful," her voice is low and breaking with sleep and when she places a kiss at the nape of her, Lisa doesn't even try to mask her shiver.

She turns in Chaeyoung's arms with more difficulty and complaint noises than she anticipated - Chaeyoung's embrace is fierce, she had clearly been very comfortable in this position. With some effort, Lisa lies on her side, facing Chaeyoung, who somehow has already managed to cling to her again. Their legs lie intertwined as the blonde rests her hand on her hips, and Lisa gazes at Chaeyoung, watching how the soft morning light plays on her face - her hair shines and her blonde eyelashes almost disappear under the bright light, her fair skin displaying the lightest shade of pink.

If there's anything that Lisa might like better than a stark naked Chaeyoung, is a Chaeyoung clad in an oversized pajama shirt and flannel pants that don't match.

Suddenly, Lisa wishes she could take another picture, immortalize this moment as well, capture how serene Chaeyoung looks in that moment - she knows she won't have another chance to look at her like this, she can feel this is the last time they allow themselves this.