Where's the armor?

Beginne am Anfang

"Which one did you pick?" He asked with his weapon in hand. His weapon was weirdly shaped. It was a club with a tiny bumps at the end. The weapon had iron bumps on the end. The weapon reminded me of a bat with nails at the end. I raised my weapon. 

"This one." I said while showing him.

"That's so tiny."

"Well that's just a bat with some bumps on the end." He rolled his eyes with a smile on his face.

"Wanna switch for a sec?" 

"Sure." I hand him my weapon and he hands me his. The second I wrapped my fingers around the tip of the weapon almost fell to the ground. I quickly wrapped my other hand around it before being able to lift it.

"It's so light." Michael said while waving the sword around. I put the end of Michael's weapon on the ground while holding the hilt in my palms.

"Why is your's so heavy?"

"It's not that heavy." I shake my head.

"No, it's pretty heavy. It's going to be hard swinging this around."

"It doesn't feel that heavy to me." He said while handing me back my weapon and reaching for his weapon. I happily take back my weapon while Michael took his weapon. "Your weapon feels off." He said.

"How?"

"Too short." I roll my eyes as some random teenager came up to us and gave us a slip of paper. 

"What's this for?" The teenager shrugged and quickly ran to give people more pieces of paper. I look at the paper, the paper had a simple twelve on it.  "I got a five. How about you?" Michael asked.

"Twelve." I put the paper in my Inventory. 

"What do you think these are for?"

"Maybe Groups?" Michael nodded. He stared at the paper with a serious look on his face. "Or pairs. I don't know." He stuffed the paper in his pocket. Alice suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"I heard we're having a tournament today." Dammit.

"Do we have to do it?" I ask.

"You could lose on purpose." I suddenly get a quest telling me to win the tournament. The only reward in the box was two thousand points of Xp. That's a lot of Xp! I might give it a try.

"Do we get anything if we win?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, I don't know what though." Michael's face brightened up. "The older kids are in it though. We have no chance of winning, so Imma lose quickly." His smile quickly disappeared.

"I want that prize though." Michael said.

"You don't even know how to fight." Alice said. Michael pointed at his chest.

"I'm a quick learner!" He said with a proud look on his face.

"Sure you are." I commented. A loud booming voice suddenly calls everyone to the arena. Everyone went out into the arena, I somehow lost Alice and Michael while everyone walked in front of me. I notice the floor covered with sand along with a little bit of blood mixed in. I stepped onto to the sand and looked around. There were ladders leading up to the seats above. The colosseum was bare, nothing really stood out. I see people climbing up the ladders and take a seat above. I followed them and took a seat randomly. Michael appeared out of nowhere and took a seat next to me. I lay my weapon on my lap. 

"Why is there so much sand?" Michael asked.

"I have no idea." I hear Alice's voice behind me.

"The sand soaks up blood and spit."