EPILOGUE

(Just felt like giving you all a glimpse of the future.)

5 years since their marriage-

Shehnaaz-"Sanya baby please papa ko jake bolo ki meri tabyat kuch thik nahi lag rahi hain."
Even though this was her second pregnancy, her hormones were all over the place, accompanied by frequent mood swings, unreasonable cravings and gross morning sickness.

Sanya runs out of the room in a hurry into the study which now no longer held a mystery within. In fact it had become the playroom for Sanya. She would take all her toys and empty them impulsively on the floor. She never aimed at playing with all of them but she just liked to scatter around her things and have authority over the place. Sid would be working most of the times in his study. In the past he could've never imagined working amidst even a single noise but now he enjoyed splitting his attention for Sanya.
She would jump around the room and once bored, she'd cling on to Sid's arms trying to drag him to play with her. She had beautiful features like her mother. The perfect almond shaped brown orbs, silky locks and a cute smile on her face. She needed attention too, at all times, just like her mother.
Often the mother daughter duo would gang up against him and give him a hard time but on most days he was thankful to have his life so heavily influenced by strong women.
Sanya was merely 4 years old but she had already started to resemble her mother both in grace and wit.

Sanya ran into a strong muscular figure. Sid picked her up delicately into his arms.

Sid-"Kya hua Sanya? Itni tezi se kyu ayi bhaag ke? Gir jati toh?"

Sanya-"Papa, mamma ki tabiyat kharab ho gyi hain. Woh apko bula rahi hain."

Sid panicked for a brief moment and rushed to their room. He gently placed Sanya down from his arms.

Sid-"Sana baby kya ho gya? Should I call the doctor?"

Sana-"nahi. Call the driver."

Sid-"Ha? You want to go to the hospital?"

Sana-"nahi. You want to go to the ice cream parlour."

Sid-"now why would I wanna do that?"

Sana-"Because you are my husband and you had promised to fulfil all of my wishes."

Sid-"Sana it's so early in the morning. Itni subah mandir ke alawa kuch nahi khula rehta."

Sana rolled her eyes. Sid knew that he would get an earful from her now. Ever since she had conceived, she'd be really cranky in the morning and he'd be bearing her tantrums. He loved to shower affection both to his wife and his baby but sometimes her mood swings were really intimidating.

Sana-"Sanya baby go to dadi ma. Dekho woh tumhe bula rahi hogi."

Sid raised his eyebrows at her cheekily.
Sid-"I know that the pregnancy hormones have kicked in hard. So I'd be happy to help. You know sex helps a lot?"

Sana-"kameene. Tere vajah se he I'm pregnant again. Aur tu apne harkato se baaz nahi ayega kabhi."

Sid-"ouch. Baby I'm your husband and don't act like we hadn't spent months planning this pregnancy. It's not like you were unwilling."

Sana knew that the truth had been spoken but nowadays the truth irked her more than it consoled her.
She started to sob and wail loudly.
Sana-"You don't even love me anymore."

Sid's mom rushed into their room, worried that Sana might have got hurt.
SM-"Kya hua Sana? Tum toh thik he ho. Mujhe laga tumhe chot lag gyi."

Sana put her head on her chest and wept.
Sid's mom looked at Sid who stood there beside the bed stand, perplexed.

SM-"tune he kuch kiya hoga. Hain na? Sid maine tumko kitni baar kaha hain ki isko pareshan mat kiya karo."

Sid made a face of disbelief.
Sid-"maine kuch bhi nahi kiya hain. Ap bhi iska he side lo. Isne sabko apne pyar ke maya jaal mein fasa liya hain."

Sid's mom hit him on the arm.
"Chup kar. Mere bahu ko tang mat kar."

Sana finally spoke from amidst her muffled cries.
Sana-"Mumma isko bolo ki mujhe chocolate ice cream khani hain abhi ke abhi varna yeh do hafte tak guest room mein soyega."

Sid-"dekha ma? Yeh apki bahu mujhe dhamki de rahi hain."

SM-"toh tu aise nahi manta hain toh use dhamki toh deni he paregi na. Ab tu jaldi se ja aur leke a iska ice cream."

Sid-"jata hu. Vaise bhi is ghar mein mardo ki kabhi kisi baat pe jeet hui hain kya aj tak. Chala lo apna hukum. Jab ye baby ayega na? I'll make sure to train him to be in my team."

Sid left the room while Sana and her mother in law laughed about it.
______****_______

It had been 2 hours since Sid was gone and it was worrying Sana. She should've never sent him when he was so reluctant. A part of her felt guilty. She was looking out of the window when a pair of sinewy arms wrapped around her waist.
She could identify her husband just by his scent.
Sid rested his chin on her shoulders and gently caressed her stomach.

Sana-"Sorry Sid. Mere vajah se tumhe itni subah subah sara kaam chod ke jana para. Main bohot he ziddi ho gayi hu."

Sid-"Sana tum meri patni ho. Tumhe pura haq hain zid karne ka. In fact let me tell you a secret. I actually internally love fulfiling your wishes even though apparently I seem unwilling. It just gives me a feeling of being caring and responsible towards you and induces paternal instincts in my heart. After all that you've given to me, this is the least you could ask for."

Sana kissed on his cheek lovingly.
Sana-"I love you."

Sid-"I love you too Mrs shukla. Ab jaldi se apni ice cream khao."

Sana-"okay but tumhe bhi khana padega mere saath. In fact hum dono bohot dino se quality time spend nahi kiye hain. Let's watch a movie and enjoy our treat."

Sid-"Meri treat toh tum khud he ho." He winked.

Sana-"Sidd!! Gandi baatein mat karo."

Sid pulled her into his arms and gently kissed her plump lips, almost making her swoon. His kiss was passionate, gentle and yet filled with so much love. The love that could surpass all negativities, the love that could have them a million mile apart yet close enough, the love that could let them go through any number of misunderstandings and return back stronger, the love that could let them survive all odds, the love that never died out but only grew with years and the love that radiated out from them and let everyone bask in its glory.
_________________________________________

Author's Note:
(I am not particularly a fan of this ending so might remove this later.)
Never intended to write this.
I was in the middle of a storm and amidst the power cut, no internet service and the storm lashing against my window, I had nothing better to do.
The trees were uprooted, electric poles crushed to the ground,tin roofs blew away and there is a record of couple of fatalities.
It will take some time for normal life to be restored.
My heart goes out to anyone facing this natural calamity over the already spreading corona virus.
I am fortunate enough to be shielded by my home but many people had to face the wrath of the storm.
The cyclone has thankfully subsided but the fury of the rain still persists.
I pray for the safety and well being of everyone.
Stay indoors and be with your families.
Love you all.❤