20.Surprise And Till Death Do Us Apart?❤

A loud knock on the door was what had woken Sana up from her unusually deep slumber. Her head felt heavy and she could feel herself swimming in a sea of dizziness as she trudged towards the door,while balancing herself to not trip over.
She was surprised that the door was not bolted from inside. That's when it dawned upon her that her husband was not in the room. Maybe he had woken up earlier and left for office, but he was on a holiday. Whatever it was, she thanked her stars that she didn't have to face him in the broad daylight after the bold stunt last night.

She pulled the door open to find Sid's mom. She had that look, like she knew something that Sana didn't. Was it because Sid had told her about her being a drunken mess? She couldn't really obliterate that possibility. They were pretty close. But she was grinning at her.

[SM ~ Sid's Mom.]
Sana-"Good morning Mammi ji. Pata nahi main itne der tak kaise so gayi."

SM-"koi baat nahi baccha. I just came to give you your breakfast. Sid keh raha tha ki tumhari tabiyat kuch thik nahi hain. He went out for a while and had told me to take care of you."

Sana-"are nahi nahi mammi main thik hu. Apne itni takleef kyu ki?"

SM-"Beta isme takleef ki kya hain? Tum meri beti ho aur mujhe bhi tumhari utni he fikar rehti hain jitna sid ko."

Sana really couldn't wrap her head around all the love and affection that was being so generously bestowed upon her. She had never expected her in laws to be this sweet and gentle towards her. All of these seemed so unreal. She had never thought that this business arrangement would be better than all the voluntary decisions that she had ever taken for herself.
She had a loving husband, a more than accepting family yet she didn't feel tied down and had the freedom to pursue her dreams and make it big in life.

Sid's mom held up a morsel of the food to Sana's mouth. Sana accepted it, a little tearful.
SM-"Sana kya baat hain beta? Ro kyu rahi ho? Tabiyat toh thik hain na tumhari?"

Sana hugged his mom tightly and wept silently on her chest.
Sana-"Thanks Ma for always looking out for me. Mujhe meri mammi ki yaad a gayi. It has been so long, since the wedding."

SM-"Main bhi toh tumhari Ma he hu. Please ro mat. Varna mujhe lagega ki main apne ma hone ka farz nahi nibha payi."

Sana held her hand, wiping her tears.
Sana-"Bilkul bhi nahi. Ap logo ne mujhe bohot pyar diya hain. Mujhe kabhi bhi nahi laga tha that I'd be this lucky."

SM-" beta lucky to hum hain. You've changed our son. Maine Sid ko aj se pehle kabhi itna khush nahi dekha. Tumhe tab pata chalta hain that you're in love jab tumhe uss insan ki har ek choti se choti baat pata ho, jab uske ek ansu se tumhara dil tut jaye,jab uske muskurahat se tumhara din ban jaye. I've seen Sid, he looks at you with so much of love and adoration. Use tumhare baare mein sab pata hain-tumhari aadatein, harkatein, pasand napasand. Woh tumse jitna pyar karta hain usse zyada tumhari izzat karta hain, tumhe takleef pohchane se, tumhe khone se darta hain. Isse pehle humne akhbaro mein uske saath bohot se ladkio ko dekha hain, lekin kabhi bhi itna khush nahi dekha. Hume har waqt lagta tha ki use apni ek jeevansathi mil jaye, uska apna parivar ho. Aur dekho woh sab ho gaya. Woh pehle se kitna sudhar bhi gaya hain, kitna responsible ban gaya hain, kitna sensitive aur fikarmand ho gaya hain. Mujhe tum dono ko dekh ke bohot khushi milti hain aur main hamesha dua karti hu ki tum dono aise he raho."

Sana's eyes pooled with tears as she hugged his mom again. It was as if she had attained a new life,a new confidence and vigour in the decision she had taken.
Sana-"Thank you Ma."

SM-"Ab rona band kar aur jaldi se taiyar ho ja."

Sana-"kyu? Hum kahi ja rahe hain kya?"

SM-"Ha. Main aur tum shopping ja rahe hain. Hume bhi toh thoda in patiyo se time off chahiye."