Pissed With Cake REWRITE (dinner & sex)

Requested?: Yes by, fuckiminthecloset ZAUSTIN21 itz_tay_ Coyfanficreader melaninjopping Wisdums_daughter28

Word Count: 580

Prompts: 2. "You lied to me." & 20. "It's three in the morning..."

A/N: I combined these Prompts. I hope that's okay. Y'all are going to hate me for this one. Enjoy.

_______
  (Y/N)'s POV

  I had told Melanie it was just a drink with an old friend. In reality, it was dinner and sex with a new flame. I had met Robin at a work function and we instantly clicked. "It may be late when I get back. We may talk the night away!" Melanie had simply shaken her head. Signaling she had heard and was okay with it. I left soon after.

  Italian food was her choice. Tomato sauce got on her cheek as she ate some baked Ziti. I wiped it away as I leaned in, kissing her softly. We had talked about work mostly, about Robin's new apartment uptown. I suggested we go there after dinner for some dessert. I didn't even see the cameraman when we left or heard any clicks.

  Getting home was a whole nother story. My peaceful, romantic night had turned into a tense and hateful understanding.

•••

  I had unlocked that door to find every light in the apartment on and Melanie walking around in circles. "You lied to me."

  "What are you talking about? I told you I was going to get a drink with an old friend." I looked at her work the same sweet expression as always.

  "It's three in the morning, and you're telling me that you spent all that time with Craig from High School!"

  Melanie was fuming. She was still walking in circles, fist in balls at her sides. I had the thought, did she know? Know about Robin, our nights at her place. Dancing, movies, wine, and sex.

  "Are you going to say anything!" I looked up and Melanie was staring at me. The first time she looked at me since I walked in the door. "No."

  "Well, I hope you enjoyed your Italian food." She walked to our... her bedroom. Throwing some clothes out for me before slamming the door. She knew.

•••

  My three hours of sleep on the couch wasn't great. I didn't bother to change my clothes, sleeping in my dress from the night before. I heard Mel in the kitchen.

  I headed straight to her room, packing my things. She knew.

  "Where are you going?" Melanie asked, walking into the room. "I figured you didn't want me here anymore." "I don't."

  Melanie signed, "I just want to talk about it before you go." "The food wasn't that great." Melanie smiled.

  "You always have to make me laugh." She trailed off after that.

  We sat in silence for a little bit before I spoke. "Her name is Robin. We met at a work function a few months back. The dinner thing with the big bosses."

  More silence.

  "She assumed I was single and I never corrected her."

  "Yeah." Melanie couldn't look at me, she wouldn't but I could tell she was crying.

  "I'm gonna pack up my stuff and leave. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, that I didn't just tell you in the first place."

  "Do you love her?" Melanie asked, looking straight at me. "I think so, not as much as I've loved you in the past." She shook her head.

  "I'll be in the living room."

•••

  With all my stuff packed, I texted Robin. Just telling her I would be at her apartment when she got out of work.

  I gave Melanie the key to her place. Grabbing all my bags I walked out of her apartment door for the last time.

"Goodbye Mel."

"Goodbye (Y/N)."

_______