sweet talk my home

Requested?: Yes, by homesweethomealabama Coyfanficreader Wisdums_daughter28

Word Count: 431 (It's short)

Prompt: "You're the only one I want"

Ship: Melanie Martinez X Female!Reader

A/N: I'm back! Yes! Hello Everyone! It is me. I've finally started to write these requests. I took some time off to get used to my job and have a rest. I'm back now though! I hope y'all enjoy this one-shot. I would also like to mention that I now have a Ko-Fi, so if you could go and support me there that would be amazing! It's www.ko-fi.com/PaleChick . Please buy me a coffee, it means a lot! Now to the one-shot!

_______
(Y/N)'s POV

I was sitting in the park, the same place as always. Under a big oak tree, thinking about Melanie and I's split. She had told me that she wasn't ready to move forward in our relationship. I've been heartbroken since then. I would think about that day, sitting on her couch. I had asked if we could move in together. My lease was going out and thought it would be a great opportunity. Melanie didn't think the same.

I had decided to gather my things and head to my friend's place. I'd been staying there till I found somewhere to live. My landlord had decided to raise the rent since I didn't sign a new lease right away.

As I walked down the path of the park I saw a little ice cream cart, open for service. I decided that I would get some. As I walked up, some else did too. I didn't think much of it and moved to let them go first, as I was still deciding. "You can go. I'm still deciding." "Oh! Thank you"

I looked and saw it was Melanie. She looked up at me as I looked at her. "(Y/N)?" I didn't say anything back, I didn't want to talk to her. " I started to walk away from the cart, not in the mood for ice cream anymore. "Wait, (Y/N)! Hold on!" Melanie yelled as she followed me. She grabbed my arm when she caught up to me.

"What do you want Melanie?" I asked, clearly annoyed. "I want to talk, you've been dodging my calls." I looked into her eyes seeing the emotion in them, they were sad. "Okay."

We had walked down the path a little bit till we got to the same oak tree I had been sitting at before. Sitting by the trunk, I looked over at Melanie and asked, "So?" "I'm sorry." "That's it?"

"No, " Melanie began, "I should have let you move in with me. I shouldn't have been scared, I just... I just didn't want it to ruin our relationship." I looked at Melanie for a minute then looked down at my hands. " You're the only one I want."

"Are you sure you're ready..." I trailed off, not knowing if she was telling the truth. "I'm for sure ready, I know it's a huge step and if anything ever seems off I'll talk to you. I promise." I looked at Melanie as she looked at me. I looked into her eyes, looking as hopeful as ever. "When can I move in?"