apologizing after a fight (requested)

You sat on the bed with your head in your hands. You regretted the words you had said and the way you let your stress get the best of you.

The fight was stupid. All Ashley did was ask you what you should have for dinner, but after disagreeing and shooting down idea after idea, you both let the stress the day had brought get the best of you.

You both said things you shouldn't have. You stormed away in tears, needing some room to breathe. You knew it wouldn't be too long until she followed you up here but you hoped it was when you both had the time to rationalize things.

"Y/n?" She knocked on the door and pushed it open a few seconds later. You sniffled and stayed quiet, wiping the last tear from your eye. You felt the bed dip and felt her hand land gently on your back.

You both stayed quiet for a few minutes. The only sounds being from the breaths you took. She sighed, putting her pride aside to make things better. "I'm sorry." She muttered, feeling relieved yet sad when you turned your head and looked into her eyes with your own bloodshot ones. "Me too."

She hesitated but wrapped both of her arms around you. You let her and moved closer to her by laying between her legs with your back against her chest. "I should've never let things get out of control like that."

She kissed your cheek as you mumbled those words to her. "No. It wasn't just you, y/n. I said things I shouldn't have too. We both had stressful days and we were wrong to take things out on each other like that. But it's behind us now, everything's fine."

You turned around so you could put your hands on the back of her neck. You kissed her lips softly and then more passionately when her arms wrapped around you. "Let's never let our emotions get the best of us like that again."

Ashley flashed you her beautiful smile and pressed her forehead against yours. "Agreed." You put your head on her shoulder. "How about we make dinner together? This way we can spend time together and not get into a huge argument about what to order."

You nodded. "Okay. But in a few minutes. I want you to hold me here for a few minutes first."

Ashely moved her hand across your back in circles as she kissed your forehead lovingly. "That's okay, baby. I won't let you go. I promise."