cold hands, warm lips

You watched the parade in amazement while Ashley walked behind you with her arm wrapped around your waist.

You haven't been to a parade in a long time, so when Ashley surprised you by bringing you to this one you were so excited!

Your jacket was keeping your arms warm but you forgot your gloves at the house so your hands were freezing. Ashley noticed the way you were rubbing them together and she stopped walking, unwrapping her arm from around you and taking your hand in hers.

She immediately felt how cold they were and she looked at you with a worried look in her eyes. "Shit, y/n. Your hands are freezing!"

She pulled your hands up to her lips and began to breathe on them, her warm breath on your cold skin sent a shiver down your spine. "Maybe we should go home."

Your eyes started to water with the thought of having to leave so soon when you were having so much fun being back at a parade. "Oh, hey. Shh c'mon, baby. Don't cry." She pulled you to her chest and kissed your head. "Okay here, just keep your hands in mine, okay?" You nodded as she started to walk with you again, keeping your fingers intertwined and occasionally bringing them back up towards her mouth so she could warm them up by breathing on them and pressing kisses against your knuckles.

Eventually Ashley stopped walking again when she saw you were walking by a cafe. She took you inside and ordered some hot chocolate for both of you and she was so relieved when she reached for your hand across the table to feel it warming up.

You ended up moving to sit next to her in the small booth so you could rest your head on her shoulder while her arm wrapped around you. You lifted your head up and gave her a soft kiss on her lips, pulling back a moment later to take another sip of your drink.

"You warmer now, baby?" You smiled as her fingers brushed against your side and you kissed her warm cheek as you curled up closer to her. "Yeah. Much. Thanks Ash." She dropped a few kisses to the to of your head and started to stroke your hair soothingly. "Anything for my favorite girl."