she leaves for tour

You watched Ashley fold the rest of her clothes and zip up her suitcase. You sat on the bed, staring at your fingers so she couldn't see the tears that stung your eyes and threatened to fall.

You've been dreading this day ever since you found out she had to leave. The day seemed to come around faster than the last time she had to go.

It seemed harder this time around; maybe because she was gonna be away longer or maybe it was because you knew that there was no way you'd be able to see her with your own job standing in the way this time around.

"Are you sure you have everything?" She shook her head as she sat beside you, slowly reaching for your hand and lacing your fingers with her own. "No. I don't have you."

You lowered your head and nodded. You know this is just as tough for her as it is you. Being thousands of miles away from you, with a new city each day, wasn't easy. "I'm gonna miss you so much."

You leaned your head on her shoulder and she wrapped her arm around your side, pulling you just a little closer to her. "I'm gonna miss you more. I hate that I'm gonna have to be away from you for so long."

"Me too. But this will only make us stronger. Right?"

She nodded, blinking away her tears. "Of course it will. I'll call you every night and facetime you whenever I can."

It would never compare to now; to be able to be in her arms, kiss her, hold her, see her beautiful eyes as they looked into yours instead of through your face on a phone screen. But you would take what you could get. At the end of the day, that would always be better than nothing.

"I look forward to it. You'll tell me all about the shows too, right?"

She chuckled but nodded. She caressed your cheek, shaky fingers brushing away the tears falling down your face. She leaned in for a kiss when the sound of a car horn honking was heard outside the window, signaling that her ride to the airport had arrived.

You didn't mean to, but a sob escaped from your lips. You didn't want her to go. You can hardly imagine a day without her. Nevertheless three months.

"Hey, shhh," she whispered, leaning her forehead on yours. "I love you a lot. I'll be back soon. I promise that it's all gonna be okay."

It really didn't feel like it would be. But you had no choice but to agree and let her go. because at the end of the day, she didn't really have much say in leaving anyways, even if she did wanna stay.

She pulled you in for a kiss, making it a long and passionate one, the only thing that cut it short was the car horn that beeped once more.

She grabbed her bags and you walked her downstairs. She stole one more kiss, unable to resist the urge, knowing she wouldn't get these moments for a few more months. "I love you," she said with tears in her eyes, hand holding onto yours even as she stepped outside. It only slipped out of your grip when she was too far away.

It fell back to your side. You already missed the feeling of her fingers intertwined with yours.

She waved to you and blew you one more kiss before the car drove away, taking your girlfriend away from you for the next few months.

You really hoped they'd go by fast.