46

"I thought you want to study?" Soonyoung frowns at the boy across him, head laying on the table.

"I never said that. What I told you is that I want somewhere quiet. I don't want to deal with people right now." Mingyu said lifelessly, still resting his head on the cold wooden table.

"And you chose the library?"

"What? It's quiet here."

"You should go home if you're not in the mood for class."

Mingyu sits properly and sighs. "No. I won't feel any better if I go home."

Soonyoung runs his fingers through his hair and wears his serious look. "Talk to Seungkwan already. You two are just making it harder-"

"He doesn't want to. I tried again but he rejected me and some random tall annoying guy came. He left with him."

"What? Who-"

"Soonyoung." Jihoon came almost losing his breath. He sat beside Soonyoung while panting.

"What's the matter?" Soonyoung asked. Both him and Mingyu pay their attention to Jihoon who just came.

"Seungkwan called me and he sounded sick. I can't go home right now because my class will begin in ten minutes. I can't skip because of major quizzes. No one is home, Soonyoung. How-"

"I can't go too. Today's the weekly performance for the dance club." Soonyoung pat Jihoon's back trying to calm him down.

"Me." Mingyu butts in. "I can check on Seungkwan. My next class will be in an hour."

Soonyoung and Jihoon exchange glances until the latter's eyes brighten up and he wears a big smile.

"Oh yes. Please. Buy some medicine before going straight to my apartment." Jihoon stands up while nodding. "I'll pay you back later, okay? Here's the key. I really have to go. Bye!"

Soonyoung and Mingyu wave both of their hands while Jihoon already ran outside, leaving them.

"So.. will you talk to him now?"

Mingyu shrugs with a faint smile. "I don't know, hyung. He's sick, I don't want to stress him out. I'll probably just drop the medicine and check him up quick."

Soonyoung nods. "Fine. Hurry now."

----------

Mingyu takes a deep breath as he grips on the plastic bag on his right hand. He closes his eyes for seconds and calms himself before he opens the apartment door with the key Jihoon lend him.

The door slowly opens and the room is quite dim and silent. He walks further until he heard soft giggles in distance. He stops right in front of the kitchen and saw Seungkwan sitting on one of the chairs looking pale, he really does look sick. But to his surprise, there is another person with him.

Hyungwon.

Seungkwan looks sick but his laughs were bright as Hyungwon shows him some dumb stories that Mingyu can't focus on.

Seungkwan's laugh were pure. This is the first time after a year that Mingyu saw him that happy again.

He's glad but it shatters his heart realising that the reason for those precious laugh is not him.. but another person.

All he is to Seungkwan right now is a burden, a past that will always make him in pain.

And it hurts Mingyu more.

Hyungwon wears off the apron and hangs it on the side until he noticed Mingyu standing, watching them.

"Hey, Mingyu." Hyungwon greeted him.

Seungkwan immediately turn his head and saw Mingyu. His expression is surprised but he suppresses it and wears a blank one.

"What are you doing here?" Seungkwan asked coldly.

Mingyu's eyes focus on Seungkwan and his chest starts pounding hard again. "I.. I- Jihoon hyung told me to stop by here and bring you some medicine since he can't.."

Seungkwan's eyes lay on the plastic bag that Mingyu is holding then look back to the guy. The stares that Seungkwan is giving made Mingyu feel a bit uneasy.

"Just place it there and you can leave-"

"No!" Hyungwon interrupts. "Let Mingyu stay. I'll go out for a while since I forgot to buy some fruits." he smiles at Seungkwan and walks straight to Mingyu, tapping his shoulder. "Let him stay until I come back so there's someone who can look out for you."

"But-"

"No buts Seungkwan." Hyungwon said firmly before giving another glance at Mingyu. He nods at him before leaving the apartment.

Awkward silence surrounds the two before Mingyu speaks up.

"I can leave if you want to but at least lay on the bed so you can rest..?"

"I can handle myself Kim Mingyu."

Mingyu felt the coldness in his voice. He wanted to tear up seeing how Seungkwan has changed. The wide smiles that he loves to see. His giggles every time Mingyu would do something dumb and his eyes that speaks how he loves Mingyu so much. Those were the things Mingyu missed the most. He just misses Seungkwan, his Seungkwan. And it hurts him a lot seeing that the guy is despising him.

Mingyu sighs before showing a small smile. He walks towards Seungkwan and places the bag of medicine on top of the table.

"Okay, I'll just leave it here." his smile is not wearing off as he stares down on Seungkwan who's not even looking at him. It breaks his heart.

Seungkwan remains silent as if he's just waiting for Mingyu to leave.

"Boo.." Mingyu mutters. He tries not to crack up and hold his tears. "You know, I'm still having hopes that we can go back to what we're used to be or at least make things up between us? But if you don't want to and you really hate me reaching out for you, I'll stop. I don't want to bother you if it will just annoy you.."

Silence.

Mingyu didn't hear any response from Seungkwan and it hurts him more.

Does he really loathe me that much?

"I won't take any more of your time." Mingyu hides away his threatening tears with a bright smile. "Go take a rest."

He walks but stops right away before he steps out of the kitchen. He faces Seungkwan once again. "Also, smile. You're always pretty when you do.. I.. I'll get going. Goodbye."

Mingyu's descending footsteps were the only thing heard inside the flat. Seungkwan remains silent for a moment. His hands turn into a fist. His breathing gets heavier and a tear rolls down from the corner of his eye.

Why? I want to go and run to get him back. I want to embrace him, feel him, kiss him, but I can't. I just.. can't.

Another set of tears drenched his pale cheeks.

Why am I afraid..?