Extra #3 🌙

Team & Champ

[A/N - these events start before the first chapter, going up to chapter 10. This is the CONDENSED version of their story]

~~~

*Third Person POV*

"Hey, I just landed," Team says into the phone. "Where are you?"

"I'm waiting next to the south gates," Champ answers. "It's impossible to miss me, I'm holding a neon green poster with your name!"

Team laughs, tucking his phone between his shoulder and his ear as he reaches down to pick up his luggage. "Okay, okay, I'll be there soon."

"You didn't forget my birthday present, did you?"

"Of course not," Team feigns offense. "How about you? Did you keep my present safe while I was gone?"

"Guess you'll have to come find out!" Champ chimes before hanging up the phone. Team chuckles, stuffing his phone into his pocket and heading towards the exit gates.

Team's parents had paid for him to take a trip during spring break, considering it overlapped with his birthday. It made him feel weird not being home for his 18th birthday, when he became a full-fledged wolf, but he also didn't want to pass up the opportunity of his parents paying for a trip.

He made sure to return home for Champ's 18th birthday, which was only a week after his own. The two have been a part of the same friend group since they were children, and Team knew how much it means to Champ that he gets to celebrate this important day with his friends.

When Team had told Champ he would be back for his birthday, Champ was elated. He immediately offered to pick Team up from the airport so they could begin the birthday festivities without delay.

Team spots the neon green poster before he sees his friend behind it, turned around to scold some kid who ran into him with a popsicle. Team's lips crook in a lopsided grin as he hurries over.

"Champ!" Team calls out. Champ lift his head to greet his friend, and the world around them slows.

The connection was instantaneous when they locked eyes. They both felt that undeniable bond that stunned them both to their cores.

'Mate'.

Team abruptly stops a few feet away from Champ, as the two continue to gape at each other.

"Huh," Champ says dumbly. "Didn't see that coming."

"Yeah," Team replies with the same dumbstruck expression plastered on his face. "Me neither."

"Er... we should get going," Champ holds out his hand to take Team's luggage. Team's body works on autopilot as he reaches forward to pass his luggage to Champ. Their fingers touch, sending a blaze of fire up both their arms.

Champ gasps, yanking his arm away from the alarming electricity he felt from Team's touch. He stares at his fingers, clenching and unclenching his fist curiously.

Team clears his throat, scratching the back of his head. Deciding to not making Champ carry his things, Team stoops down to pick up his bags.

"Ready?" Team asks. Champ snaps out of his daze, nodding his head awkwardly before leading the way to his car.

The entire drive to Team's house is filled with an uncomfortable silence. Neither of them know what to say in this... predicament they've found themselves in.

Champ helps Team carry his bags into his room, despite Team's insistence that he doesn't need any help. But really, Team just felt odd making Champ carry his luggage, now that he knows they're mates.