"Yes, come in," Nazereth answered amusement still lingering in his voice.

Markheen walked in  but this time with a concerned-looking Fergie.

"Are you okay?" She asked rushing to my side.

Seconds later, she bowed out of courtesy realizing Firemaster was also present.

"Better than ever," I said realizing I finally had a home.

"Mission is accomplished," Nazereth said and Markheen gave me a smile.

"This mission was for you Zephora, to accept your roots and the person you are. To let the fear of a few words consume me might actually make the stories come true." She said in a gentle tone.

"We can go back home now?" I asked cautiously not trying to sound mean or ungrateful.

She nodded with a sly smile.

"I have completed my promise to your mother now Zephora, I hope you can live the life you want and not what the world believes."

"Will we meet again?"I asked realizing I would miss her.

"Maybe or maybe not," She said ambiguously. 

And then came forward tapping my forehead lightly, I felt a sharp pull in my gut and a whip of cold air through my lungs.

"You are now free and I have a last parting gift for you." She said but this time she looked at Nazereth.

"Is it about the Air Kingdom?" He asked giving her a dry look.

"You knew?" Even the head of Blood Assassins sounded surprised.

"I canceled the 'peace-treaty' wedding, I knew there would be repercussions to this."

"Air Kingdom might plan something big so be careful. Also, princess you need to keep you identity a closely guarded secret. You are now your King's hidden card." She said like she knew I wanted to be Nazereth's strength.

"And you don't really mind that I am taking Fergie along?" I asked.

"Your husband is kind of scary."

I held back a chuckle but realized that Nazereth might have used his Firemaster card to get me a friend.

You still remember me, right? Morel asked in my head.

You and I need to talk when we get back.

Wow you sound grateful. Morel said sarcastically but I had other thoughts in mind.

If he can untangle Nazereth's memories, he could do the same for me. For once I wanted to know clearly what my life was before all the torture began.

----

The ride back home was mostly me sleeping and getting up to find Nazereth holding my hand all the while. My injuries were aching like a soreness we have after fever. But mostly being close to Nazereth was coming. I slept without a nightmare after a long time.

"We are home Zephora." He whispered softly next to my ears and I woke up feeling warm.

I got up this time lying on his lap. 

I grabbed his hand again in need of support, both physical and moral.

Fergie got down from another carriage and looked at me.

People stood at the palace gates to welcome the King. Myron, palace maids, and even Ciara were there. Her eyes were puffy from all the crying. She came with me from the enemy Kingdom and her concern for me was kind of endearing.