𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ʜᴀᴋᴏᴅᴀ

.Dream state.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ A BOY WITH THE FAMILIAR SCAR ECHOED INSIDE MY HEAD—HIS FACE OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Who was he to be tormenting my dreams like this?

The way his swords swung devilishly towards my body only to slice the very chains holding me in place. His face hid no emotion he was feeling; anger, confusion, sorrow. They all showed themselves to me as if I was looking in a mirror.

My eyes were transfixed in his golden irises, so focused on them I didn't even notice the scenery changing, or the hair he once had was gone and was now replaced with an arrow.

Or the scar, how it vanished. I was so fixated on his eyes I didn't even see how his scar evaporated off of his skin. Leaving a healthy pale glow under it, matching the rest of his face.

He looked so startled at his appearance. Which confused me since there was no way he could see it. Unless what he saw wasn't me. Unless this entire vision was a one-way experience.

When the scarred boy jumped back, hating how he was identical to the very person that may have tormented his dreams, may have kept him up at night or may be the very reason he is the way he is, the world in front of me vanished.

And I was awoken.

__

"We're almost there." Sokka shook me awake while Aang still sat in his rightful place on top of Appa's neck. "How long was I out?"

"Just a few minutes."

Shaking off the dream took hardly moments. I sat up, feeling the sore muscles in my abdomen scold me for doing so. Sokka got comfortable again, leaning back with his elbows. After I yawned the drowsiness away, he asked me a question. "Are you gonna show dad that picture?"

I realized what he meant after dawning on it for a moment. My father's picture.

"Oh..." I pulled it out from my pocket, "I don't know. Should I?"

Sokka shrugged, "maybe? I don't know, I'd figured he would like to see it."

After unfolding it, I passed it to Sokka. "He was starting a revolution."

He took the sketch within his hands, sitting up to get a better look at the man he barely remembers, yet who made an impactful change on his life.

"What do you mean?"

"Ren's order," I recall what Dai told me those few weeks ago. "He and my mother, Your parents, Bato, some people in the Earth Kingdom all stood for his ideals."