𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ᴇᴀɢᴇʀ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀsᴛ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ IT'S LATE

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚ IT'S LATE. The moon is on the dead center of the sky, just a perfect view from my window. Beside me laid Anana who's light snores were the only sound that could be heard. Eventually, I moved my neck to get a view of her face in the moonlight.

It deepened the natural contour in her cheeks. The way her lips were placed, opened just a tad, making the air she breathed whistle. We've been here for almost a week. A week I've been sitting either downstairs in Mio's and Dai's kitchen staring at the portrait of my father, or up here, doing nothing—which was just torture.

But, the good news is I can walk. Not for a long time, but I can walk. Anana sleeping right next to me put more euphoria in me than realizing I could somewhat do things myself again.

It wasn't much happiness. No. Not much. But it was something.

She shifted in her position, clutching the covers she unintentionally stole closer to her chest. This is when I completely turned on my side, facing her and her button nose. Despite the ache in my shoulder while I put most of my weight on it, I stared.

My eyes traced the delicate features of Anana's face. I never noticed how symmetrical her face was. I couldn't find a flaw, even if I was looking for one.

Our breaths were now in sync. Up and down our chests rose. As her legs stretched in her sleep, I realized something.

My body gently shifted back to the window, where the moon still laid still in the sky. With much silent effort, I sat up.

This is stupid, Saki. Stupid.

My feet swung over the mattress, an action so simple yet pained me so greatly. I'm constantly reminding myself to keep a lock on the pained moans I wanted to curse. Just like they always do, the floorboards creak under my weight.

Slowly, I lead myself down their stares, out their door, and into the small grove of trees not far from the house. While I walked sloppily, I made sure Appa was safe and sleeping soundly. He was.

I finally came to a stop in front of a massive tree. The trunk alone was big enough for a small boat.

What are you doing, Saki?

My own consciousness argued with my actions. Especially when my fist swung, colliding with the wood. I was surprised by my strength. It made the entire tree shake with leaves falling on top of my head.

Finally, I released my wounded side to create a rhythm of not-so-skilled punches. Yeah, they weren't very coordinated at all but they were strong. If one of these were aimed at a face it would definitely break a jaw.

I continued on with this pattern. Punching.

I ignored the sharp twinges running through my nerves every time I moved. My own body was caging me. I had to escape it— I had to move to feel important again.