Part 23: Ashton/Mia

Začať od začiatku

“Michael!” She said with a chuckle as she returned the tight hug. “I’m here to visit M- I’m just here for a New York visit.” She quickly recovered, her eyes nervously wavering towards Ashton.  

“That is kind of awesome!” Michael said, wrapping his arm around Heather and faced the other guys. “What are the odds right?”

“Yeah… What are the odds?” Ashton mumbled but only got shot a wide eyed look from Michael. “It’s really nice to see you again. You look well, how’s college?” He asked, trying to keep the awkward conversation going.

“A lot different than what I expected…” She murmured as she turned her attention to Ashton. Last time the two of them had had a conversation it had not been on the best of terms. “How has the tour been?” She asked, the question not directed to all of them. Something Ashton was somewhat glad of.

“It’s been amazing! Every night is so much alike the last but at the same time each crowd is completely different. You should have made it to more tour dates.” Michael said in his excited voice as the five of them walked towards the baggage claim.

“I’m so sorry about that but it has been hard to take any breaks for travelling.” She said with a shrug.

“Well… You’re in New York and it’s our last show.” Michael began before he was interrupted by Luke.

“I’m sure she has better things to do, plus I bet she’s busy. I mean she must be in New York for a reason…” He said, giving Michael the silent signal that this was all a bad idea.

“If I have some down time while I’m in New York, I’ll text you.” She said, smiling at Michael to lighten the mood. “Besides, concert or not you still owe me a coffee.” She added.

“I can definitely do that.” He replied, flashing a smile in return.

“How’s James? Are you two doing okay?” Calum asked.

“He’s fine, but we’re not together.” Heather said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked down to the ground in a way that reminded him of Mia.

“What happened?” He asked before he could stop himself. In that moment Heather looked at him once again and this time her eyes stayed there as she spoke.

“Turns out distance was not a problem, but actually being together in a normal everyday life kind of way was.” She murmured with a shrug, her phone beeping from inside her purse. They all watched as she removed her phone and checked it before looking at Michael. “I have to go, they’re already here to pick me up. I’ll text you!” She said before giving him another big hug and running off away from them with nothing more than a wave good bye.

“How do you feel about New York now?” Calum asked in a soft whisper as Luke and Michael gathered their bags.

“Not as confident as I did back in the plane…” Ashton murmured as they prepared themselves for the fans that would most likely be there to greet them.

(Mia)

I turned the key again and heard as my car made another horrendous sound and did not come to life. It was the third time I tried in the last 15 minutes I had been sitting inside it.

“No, no, no, no, no… From all the days you could have decided to be difficult why today!” I moaned at the car as I hit the steering wheel, resting my forehead on top of my hands.

Not even a second later and without hesitation I dialed Will’s number in my phone and just like every other time he answered on the second ring…

“Hey there,” Will said as he parked his car in front of me on the sidewalk and rolled down the window five minutes after our phone call had ended. He flashed me one of his smiles, which I had to admit warmed me up just by looking at it. “Did the lady request a ride?”