Part 31: Ashton

Playlist: Scientist by Coldplay, Wherever this Goes by The Fray, One by Ed Sheeran, That Feeling by We The Kings, Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift, Back to You by Alex & Sierra, Hotel Ceiling by Rixton, Dreaming Alone by Against the Current, End Up Here by 5 Seconds of Summer,

(flashback)

His arms encircled her waist tenderly, pulling her body against his before resting his head against her naked shoulder. 'That had just happened...' He thought to himself as a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. He lowered his lips against her skin before he brushed them over the hollow crook of her neck. He loved the way she shivered against him as he did, a faint protest escaping her lips. The sound laced with sleep as she buried her face further into the pillow. A soft chuckle erupted from his chest before he pressed a small nip to her skin before he decided to do it again; the action earning him a second protest.

"Am I bothering you?" He asked softly, his lips dangerously close to her ear now as he spoke. He knew his warm breath fanned over her skin. She hummed softly before she raised her head again, lazily looking at him with the corner of her eye.

"Yes you are... Go to sleep, Ashton." She mumbled before she closed her eyes again. He had missed this, the way she always got extremely tired after sex. The way she would be upset and cranky if he didn't allow her to fall asleep. Truth was he always did it on purpose because he enjoyed their pillow talk. That was if she did get to spend the night with him in bed.

"But I don't want to sleep yet, I could stay up all night here with you." He said, his words making her chuckle. Her laugh was something he could feel proud about; and he did.

"That's the alcohol speaking." She teased, the hint of humor in her voice making his grin grow.

"Nah, that's long gone. This is just happiness... I'm happy being here with you, Mia. Just simply lying down by your side, being able to hold you...kiss you... It makes me really happy." He whispered softly against her skin. He knew he shouldn't say those things. He shouldn't say words he might regret in the morning but he wanted to be honest. For once, with her... he just wanted to be honest.

"Stop it, Ashton... You're still drunk." She said with a sigh, her body shifting uncomfortably against his body.

"If I was still drunk, why did you kiss me?" He asked with a teasing tone, his thumb brushing over her naked hip bone as he pulled her even closer to him (if that even were possible).

"I didn't kiss you... You kissed me..." She mumbled; if he could see her face he knew her eyebrows would be furrowed and her lip would be in a thin line as she thought.

"Okay... You get a point there but you still kissed me back." He said, chuckling when she attempted to elbow him in the stomach."I remember what it's like for you to kiss me back...and that was it." He whispered softly into her ear; his voice low and seductive, the tone completely changing from before.

"You're annoying." She groaned but still he could picture the way she would be smiling as soon as she finished rolling her eyes. A thrill ran through him at the familiarity. Laying here with her was just so familiar.

"It doesn't change the fact that you still kissed me back." He pointed out again, feeling her struggling to turn around in his arms to face him. He loosened his arms and allowed her to do just that, instantly smiling the moment those chocolate brown eyes of hers met his. Even in the dim lighting that came in through her curtains from the city outside, he felt the way his chest swelled when she looked at him. She was so beautiful. And her eyes...he could get lost in them anytime. He dreamt about those eyes looking into his for weeks after she had been gone. They kept him sane and made him go crazy all at the same time while he was on the road.