Part 33: Ashton

Playlist: Better than Revenge by Taylor Swift, One More Night by Maroon 5, Disconnected by 5 Seconds of Summer, DNA by Little Mix, Gravity by Sara Barreilles, End Up Here by 5 Seconds of Summer, Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's, Back to You by Alex & Sierra, 18 by One Direction, Gravity by Against the Current, I Feel Alive by We The Kings, Wherever This Goes by The Fray, Don't Ever Let It End by Nickelback, Dust to Dust by The Civil Wars.

His hand hit the door with a solid bang, his grip on the door knob tightening the second it came closing down in his face.

This couldn't be happening again. They were meant to be fixing things, not fighting over nothing again. Except this time it wasn't nothing, this time there had been a girl. Even if he and Mia had done nothing when he slipped up, it was now a part of their story as well. It was a part of their story thanks to his lack of judgment while he was drunk... How was he supposed to know she would have come and told Mia everything before he could? And even more, make it seem like things were worse.

"Was it something I said?" Bee asked from behind him and the anger began to rise inside of him. Of course it had been something she said. And she knew it very well. This was all part of whatever game she was playing.

A game he definitely didn't want to be a part of. Again, all thanks to his lack of judgment while drunk he was stuck.

"You're a smart girl, you tell me?" Ashton snapped at her, his back still towards her. He didn't want to see her fake face, probably feigning being hurt. And even if she was, he couldn't hear it in her voice when she spoke again.

"Oh come on, Ashton... She's in college now; she should be able to take a joke." Bee added, her hand coming up to rest on his shoulder almost as if to make him face her. Was she really that delusional? Great job Ashton, you almost slept with a lunatic.

"The only joke here is you." Ashton told her, his tone a little too harsh as he pushed her hand off of his shoulder and finally faced her. He watched as she took a step back, arms crossing over her chest in a way that just made her breasts look bigger and her eyebrow perfectly raised as she stared at him.

"You're really interested in dealing with that hot mess drama right now?" She asked him.

"I thought that was clear last night when nothing happened between you and me, and I rushed to come see her." He said coldly, his back resting against the wall as he silently prayed that Mia would hurry. He didn't want to waste his time talking with Bee when it was time he could use to fix things with her. To explain his side of things this time...

"Well good luck with that." Bee said, taking a deep breath and turning to Lilly. "If your roomy decides to play hookey again tonight or keeps you up with her crying, call me. You can always stay at my place again." She told her, giving one last cold stare at Ashton before she began to walk away. Hips swaying in a way that were meant to keep him staring until she disappeared, but he didn't. Instead he turned to knock on the door again.

"Mia... Please come out." He said softly. He couldn't hear anything from the other side of the door and wasn't even aware if her roommate had stuck around or if she had disappeared with Bee as well. "We need to talk... Let me take you out for breakfast." He said.

Suddenly the door swung open to reveal Mia standing there with her hair pulled into a messy bun, jeans and a long sleeved shirt; her coat and purse in her hands.

"You should go back to your hotel and change your shirt. It's full of coffee..." She said, her tone quiet as she avoided his eyes. But at least she was talking with him and that was a start. He could work with that. He could definitely work with that.

"To the hotel it is then... We can have breakfast there." He told her as she locked her room behind her and began to walk.

Ashton pulled out his phone to quickly text Calum and tell him he was on his way to the hotel with Mia and that he definitely didn't want any interruptions. After that for the most of it, their walk was really quiet. They stood there next to each other, just walking.

Every once in a while, he looked her way to make sure she was still there or if there was a chance she would say anything but she didn't even look his way.

"Did you mean it?" She finally asked, breaking the silence between them. Once again his head turned to watch her. He could see the way her eyebrows were furrowed and her lips pulled downwards in a frown.

"Mean what?" He asked her, not really understanding what she was asking of him. He had meant a lot of the things he had said to her since they reunited.

"That nothing happened between you and her... I mean I know you spent the night with me but if something did happen just tell me, I would rather know-"

"Nothing happened, Mia." He interrupted her saying.

"Then why does she think it did?"

"Because..." He began, a soft sigh escaping his lips before he continued. "After the restaurant, I went to the hotel's bar for a few drinks. She was working and we talked and after her shift I brought her up to my room, with all the intentions of something happening and of forgetting about you... But then she recognized you from the picture and that was enough for me to realize it was a mistake."

"You keep a picture of me?" She asked, her cheeks a light shade of red but for all he knew it was because of the wind.

"I do, I have since LA." He admitted, his eyes seeing the hotel right ahead. Luckily no fans were standing outside waiting for any of them. They probably hadn't figured it out yet.

"Is any of this really worth it?" She asked, making him stop dead in his tracks. When she noticed, she stopped as well and turned to look at him. Really look at him.

"What do you mean?" He dumbly asked yet again that morning.

"This..." She said gesturing between them. "Us actually having a conversation, to fix things or even have breakfast... Maybe things fell apart for a reason back in LA."

"Are you saying it's not worth it?" He asked, disappointment lacing his voice as he stuck his hands inside his pockets. If that was what she was saying, there was really no point to any of this.

"I'm not sure what I'm saying... I'm too confused to think straight." She whispered, her arms wrapping around herself as she looked away. A few strands of hair that framed her face blowing softly in the wind.

"How about we figure that out after breakfast? Give me one chance to make this right and make up your mind... If by the end of today you still feel the same way... I promise this time I will leave you alone." He told her.

"I thought you said only breakfast?" She asked, her eyes meeting his and he could have sworn he saw a hint of a smile there.

"I changed my mind already. I want today; even if it is just today." He told her, a real smile on his lips.

(Author's Note: Hey everyone!!! I am so sorry this update took so long to write and that it is also a short update. A lot has happened to me in the past few weeks that left me in a writing rut but today I woke up inspired so I took advantage of it!! Hope you guys like this small update and hopefully I will have the next one all done and perfect for all of you!!! Thanks for your amazing support! Remember to vote, comment and share the story!! Have a great day everyone! <3)