15. Charlotte Sometimes

Start from the beginning

"That famous?" Niall asks, not able to hide his surprise.

I sigh and smile. Maybe this is the right time to tell him.

"Famous enough to go to the Ellen show next month" I whisper looking down.

"WHAT?" Niall exclaims laughing, "You're kidding me! That is so sick!" he says, high-fiving me.

"It's during the tour break, Friday, 5th; before the TCA's"

Niall's face turns serious.

"You're nominated to the TCA's?"

"No!" I quickly answer, "no, we're not that famous" I laugh; "we will be attending though"

"Great, so are we" he says grinning, "And we're also performing"

"I know" I smile.

"So you're a bit famous" he says.

"Nah" I answer taking a chip from his plate.

"Hey!" he shouts, taking two from mine.

"You took two!" I protest.

"Don't..." he threatens hugging his plate and squinting his eyes at me.

We finish our dinner laughing and then go straight to bed.

"Tomorrow is a busy day for you: shopping, concert..." Niall says as he turns off the lights.

"You're the one giving a concert!"

"Bah, no big deal" he answers, with an exaggerated cocky attitude.

"Good night, Niall" I say laughing.

"Good night, Victoria" he answers turning to me; "sick laugh, by the way"

"I'm sorry..." I start apologizing, knowing his feelings about ridiculous laughing.

"Why?" he says shrugging his shoulders; "I like it".

I smile in the dark and close my eyes.

The next day is quite different.

I do a quick Skype with my family before leaving with the girls, just so my parents make sure I'm doing fine and I make sure they're okay.

I open the mail to check the schedule for next week and send an e-mail to Valeria telling her all about it.

Then I join Sophia, Lottie, Lou and a couple of bodyguards at the lobby and we leave to the mall. We spend the morning from shop to shop, and we also have lunch there.

On our way to the car, a little girl comes to me. She's wearing a 'Crazy Mofos' t-shirt that makes me smile.

"Hi, Are you Niall's girlfriend?" she asks with a strong  American accent.

"Yes" I answer smiling, "I'm Victoria"

"I'm Charlotte" she says, "like the city; but everybody calls me Charlie. I'm seven"

I hear Sophia, Lottie, Lou and security chuckling behind me.

"Can I take a picture with you?"

The request takes me completely off guard. Some other girls have stopped Sophia, Lottie and Lou for a picture with them, but not me.

"S-s-sure" I manage to answer squatting next to her.

"I'm going to the concert today" she says as her mom pulls out her phone and snaps a picture.

"Really?"

"Yep; I really like Niall, he's my favourite" she says with the biggest smile; "and I like you too" she adds.