11. Surfin U.S.A.

Start from the beginning

"I was just about to knock on your door. You ready?"

I nod.

"Let's go then" he says with a smile, and we head to the elevator; "I think we should have breakfast at the beach. It's too early and probably there are not a lot of fans outside yet"

"How are we going to go past them?"

"I have no idea to be honest" he chuckles, "but I'm crossing my fingers"

When we arrive to the lobby, I see a middle-aged couple getting ready to go outside. And I come up with a crazy idea.

"Excuse me" I say walking towards them.

"Can we help you?" the woman asks, smiling.

"Actually, you can" I answer smiling back, "Do you see all those people outside?"

The couple looks where I'm pointing and then back at me, not really understanding.

"Let's say he is the reason why they're there" I continue, pointing at Liam.

"Why?" the woman wants to know; "Is he famous?"

"He is" I answer, "We wanted to go surfing, but first we have to go past them unnoticed; so I was wondering if you could pretend we're your children and exit with you"

"Well, of course! We would love to help you, wouldn't we, Henry?"

The man nods and gives us half a smile.

"Perfect then" I say turning to Liam, "fingers crossed"

Henry puts his arm around Liam's shoulder and gives him a towel, a hat and a beach umbrella to carry and the woman takes me by the arm.

Liam was right, there are not a lot of fans outside and the ones who are there are way too tired to realize one of the boys they are dying to catch a glimpse of is walking under their noses as the son of a couple who have no idea of who he is and with a girl that is not his girlfriend.

"That was one of the riskiest things I have ever done" Liam laughs once we've walked past them; "Loved every second of it"

"Would you like to join us for breakfast?" the woman asks "I would like to know all about your famous friend"

"Liam?" I say looking at him.

"Okay. Family breakfast it is" he chuckles, following the couple inside the cafe.

"So you're in the States for two months" the woman repeats after Liam has told her who he is and what is he doing here; "and why are you here?" she asks turning to me.

"She's one of my bandmates's girlfriend"

"And where is your boyfriend?"

"He is doing an interview in London" I answer, "he arrives today, because the concert is tomorrow"

"An interview?"

"Yes, because of our new movie"

"Oh, so you also have a movie. You must be very famous then"

We finish our breakfast and after saying goodbye to the couple, we head to one of the houses that has a 'Surfboards and neoprene suits renting here' signs on.

"Good thing I brought my Go-Pro camera" Liam says tying it to the board, "Ready?"

"Zip me up and I'm ready to go"