4.5

FOURTY-FIVE.
the final good-bye

🔹️🔹️🔹️

While the fight between Mando and Moff Gideon was going on, the rest of us checked the area for any surviving or remaining troopers. Luckily for us, there weren't any left alive after.. IG-11's sacrifice.

Suddenly, the first large explosion came from a couple of miles away -- Mando had dropped his detonator. We all waited anxiously, hoping that he had another one handy. After a few more seconds of silence, we heard another explosion.

That's when we saw the TIE fighter blow up and spiral out of control, crashing landing on the ground far behind a nearby hill. I followed the ship's crash with my eyes, tracking down its every movement.

We had won, but.. only one thing was wandering through my mind.

I tapped my foot against the ground nervously. There were no signs of Mando yet. I bit my lower lip.

'Where is he..?'

Just then, a figure came plummeting down from the sky -- Mando. I sighed in relief as he managed to control his jetpack and landed on the ground with two feet. His landing was a bit rough, but he still made it; his cape hung over his left shoulder.

He huffed in exhaustion, then walked over to us. I signaled the others to follow me as I walked towards him.

I smirked, placing the child down on the floor. "That was impressive, Mando. Very impressive."

"Yeah, think you can do better than that, hot shot?" He replied, breathlessly.

I walked up to him and took the ends of his cape off his left shoulder. He looked down at me as I smiled and winked at him.

"Well, what do you think?"

"No," He said, leaning in closer. "Definitely not."

".. But the thing is, I wouldn't drop my first detonator."

"You're impossible." He scoffed, slowly shifting his eyes over towards the child with a shrug of the shoulders. I wasn't sure how he was feeling, but I was hoping that behind that helmet of his.. he was smiling.

"It looks like your Guild rates have just gone up." Greef announced, interrupting us. Mando shrugged off the remark and looked around cautiously.

"Any more stormtroopers?"

"I think we cleaned up the town," Cara replied, smiling at him. "But I'm thinking of staying around just to be sure."

He looked at her, "You're staying here?"

"Well, why not?" Greef answered for her and gestured his hand around the plains. "Nevarro is a very fine planet. And now that the scums and villainy have been washed away, it's very respectable again."

"As a bounty hunter hive?" I snickered.

Greef chuckled, "Some of my favorite people are bounty hunters." He turned and placed a hand on Cara's shoulders, "And perhaps, this specimen of soldier might consider joining our ranks."