4.0

FOURTY.
the deepest wound

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Because unlike you.. I have hope."

Derek stared at me in complete and utter shock. I gripped onto my blaster and shot his non-mechanical left arm. Blood splattered everywhere. He cursed, letting go of my wrist. He was too weak to use the Force on me now.

I turned to look at him once more with a cold, dark, and piercing gaze. "I follow my own path.. not yours."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

I hurried outside, looking around for any signs of Mando, Greef or IG-11. Not long after, I found Mando, who seemed to be in a good condition. He was using the E-Web canon; killing troopers with multiple blasts.

Just then, he was smashed onto the ground by a death trooper. The trooper grabbed the E-Web from out of his hands and pointed it at the Mandalorian.

I rushed over and quickly shot the trooper in the back with my blaster, killing him. I kicked the body aside and looked down at Mando, extending my hand out to him. I smirked.

"What'd I miss?"

He glanced at my hand before grabbing onto it. I pulled him up, and we just stared at one another in silence. We lingered there for a moment, holding onto each other's hands as if we were savoring the moment. Mando cleared his throat, pulling his hand away from mine. He hastily grabbed the E-Web from off the ground.

"You're late."

I laughed and gave him a genuine smile, my heart racing at the sight of him. At first, our relationship was complicated; I hated him. But, slowly, I warmed up to him. He made me feel.. calm and free.

I hadn't felt this way towards someone since I was with Luke. Luke made me feel like I was special.. his. We both knew our feelings were against the Jedi Code, that it'd make us vulnerable, but we didn't care -- we loved each other.

But once I became a bounty hunter; after the Battle of Endor; after I was forced to leave Luke, I promised myself I wouldn't love anyone else again. It would just distract me from my work and damage me again.. ingraining a deep wound in my heart. That's another reason why I closed off my feelings and was distant towards others.

But Mando changed that. He broke my bitterness and coldness; he made me feel vulnerable and.. sentimental. That's when I knew:

"Mando, I--"

Suddenly, I was shot in the left shoulder by a stormtrooper. I winced. Since they still had bad aim, the blast didn't pierce my heart.. but it still hurt like hell. I winced as Mando shot down the trooper with the E-Web. My head just wouldn't stop spinning.

'How could I not see that coming?!' I yelled inside my head. 'Was Derek right? Am I really getting.. weaker?'

I placed my hand over my shoulder, dropping my blaster to put pressure on it. Blood fell down my arm; I was losing much more than I had anticipated. My whole arm hurt to move.

Mando supported me with his body and picked up my blaster, placing it in my belt. He observed my wound, "We need to get you out of here."