0.8

EIGHT.
dangerous armor

🔹️🔹️🔹️

The stars were glistening as the ship continued its path throughout the galaxy. I leaned my chin against the palm of my hand as I admired each and every star out in the void. It had been years since I'd last travelled out in the galaxy -- I missed the feeling.

Just then, I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a small coo come from inside the crib. Mando looked over at me as if he wanted me to check if the child was awake. I peaked inside the crib and saw that the child had finally awoken.

"He's awake." I said, smiling as I swiped him up into my arms. Mando glanced over at me before turning back around to face the control panel.

"Mando, I've recieved your transmission." A projector on the panel turned on, revealing a man -- most likely from the Guild. "Wonderful news."

The child continued to coo as I gently placed him back inside the crib. But before I knew it, the child had quickly left the crib and waddled his way over to Mando. I crossed my arms, watching the child as he reached up for a round object on one of Mando's controllers.

"Upon your return, deliver the quarries directly to the client. I have no idea what he wants with them. And I do not know if he wants to eat the child or hang it on his wall, but he's very antsy." The projector continued. "Safe passage! You know where to find me."

'Quarries..?'

The projector disappeared as the child placed the round object in his mouth. I crossed my legs, leaning back into the passenger seat. After listening to what the man in the projector had to say, it only made me grow more suspicious of Mando and his motives.

"Who's that?"

"Greef Karga -- someone I work with." Mando responded, shifting his gaze onto the child. He took the round object away from the child, placing it at the top of his control panel. "It's not a toy."

"Oh, come on," I scoffed. "Let him be a kid."

Mando picked the child up by the collar and placed him back inside the crib. "He's still an asset."

I rolled my eyes, pursing my lips. "Look, do you really have to turn him in?"

Mando ignored my question, staying quiet in response. Not long after, he landed on the planet of Nevarro, where the child was to be handed in to 'The Client'. After he had shut off the ship's engines, Mando stood up from his chair and turned to face me.

"Stay here." He demanded as the crib began to follow him out of the control room.

"Wait--"

"I'm going alone." Mando said, looking at me before finally leaving the ship. I reluctantly nodded in response as the door to the control room finally closed.

🔹️🔹️🔹️

Ten minutes had passed.

Now twenty...

I sighed, standing up from sitting on the passenger's seat. I looked outside through the control room's window and saw no sign of Mando. I repeatedly tossed a credit up in the air, catching it with one hand. I sighed.