So it begins

Lacheana stood on top of the blocked gate with the dwarves and Bilbo. She saw Bard and Thranduil ride infront of their armies and towards Erebor. The field was golden from the elves shining armour. Suddenly an arrow was shot right infront of Bard and Thranduil followed by Thorin threatening: "I will put the next one between your eyes."

Thorin drew his bow again and the dwarves cheered. Thranduil's stare could have killed but for that job he had archers, who drew their bows when Thranduil simply tilted his head slightly. The dwarves hid behind the ramparts. Lacheana and Thorin were the only ones who stayed up. She placed her hand over her heart and slightly moved it towards Thranduil with a slight bow, something Thorin missed, for her luck. Thranduil looked at Lacheana and raised his hand for his archers to lower their bows. The dwarves stood up and Thorin still held his bow up.

"We've come to tell you, payment of your dept has been offered... and accepted." Thranduil said. "What payment? I gave you nothing! You have nothing!" Thorin shouted. "We have this." Bard said and pulled out the Arkenstone. Thorin lowered his bow, shocked. "They have the Arkenstone? Thieves! How come you by the heirloom of our house? That stone belongs to the king!" Kili yelled. "And the king may have it. But first he must honor his word." Bard said while putting the jewel back into his robes. Thorin muttered something before yelling out: "The Arkenstone is in this mountain! It is a trick!"

Suddenly Bilbo stepped out and said: "It-It's no trick. The stone is real. I gave it to them." Everyone turned to Bilbo, shocked. Lacheana lowered her gaze. She had hoped that the truth would stay hidden, but these days nothing stays in the shadows. "You..." Thorin mumbled angrily. "I took it as my fifteenth share." Bilbo said. "You would steal from me?" Thorin asked not believing what he had heard. "Steal from you? No. No. I may be a burglar but I like to think that I'm an honest one. I'm willing to let it stand against my claim." Bilbo said. Lacheana was extremely worried behind her usual serious face. She took off her helmet and placed it on the ramparts. "Against your claim? Your claim! You have no claim over me you miserable rat!" Thorin yelled out in anger.

Thorin threw down his bow and started walking towards Bilbo. Lacheana's hand went to the hilt of her sword. "I was going to give it to you. Many times I wanted to, but..." Bilbo tried to explain but Thorin yelled: "But what, thief?!"

"You have changed, Thorin! The dwarf I met in Bag End would never have gone back on his word! Would never have doubted the loyalty of his kin!" Bilbo said all the words Lacheana would have said. "Do not speak to me.. of loyalty!" Thorin shouted out. "Throw him from the rampart!" Thorin ordered the other dwarves. Everyone stepped away from Bilbo and Thorin was shocked that no one obeyed his orders. "Do you hear me?!" he yelled. He grabbed Fili's hand but Fili shook him away. "I will do it myself!" Thorin exclaimed. He grabbed Bilbo and shouted: "Curse you!" Lacheana was instantly next to him with the other dwarves. She grabbed Thorin's collar and pulled him away causing him to fall. "I should have never trusted you! Neither of you!" Thorin shouted after standing up. Lacheana hid Bilbo behind her back before pulling out her sword. Thorin answered with the same.

"If you don't like my burglar..." Gandalf's magically amplified voice shouted and continued with his normal tone: "Then please don't damage him. Return him to me! You're not making a very splendid figure as king under the mountain, are you? Thorin, son of Thrain!" The dwarves hurried to help Bilbo away. "Lacheana?" Balin whispered to her and she followed him to where Bilbo was. She grabbed Bilbo but stayed to listen to Thorin's last words towards them. "Never again will I have dealings with wizards, elves or Shire-rats!" Thorin yelled before Lacheana jumped down with Bilbo and landed on her feet. She was hit in the head with her helmet and when she looked back where it came from she saw Thorin looking at her with the most hatred look. Lacheana picked her helmet up and she walked to Gandalf after Bilbo. "Give us your answer! Will you have peace or war?" Bard asked.