Warg attack

While the others were yelling and shouting, Lacheana tried to think of an escape plan. She was pulled back to the moment when Bilbo suddenly yelled: "Wait! You are making a terrible mistake."

"You can't reason with them, they're half-wits!" Dori said angrily. "Half-wits? What does that make us?" Bofur asked trying to lighten the mood with jokes. Bilbo managed to stand up and he faced the trolls. "Uh, I meant with the, uh, with, um, with the seasoning." Bilbo tried to think of anything. "What about the seasoning?" the troll asked. "Well have you smelt them? You're going to need something stronger than sage before you plate this lot up." Bilbo explained. What is he doing? The dwarves started yelling at Bilbo and calling him a traitor.

"What do you know about cooking dwarf?" one of the other troll asked. "Shut up, and let the, flurgaburburrahobbit talk." the first troll said. "Uh, th-the secret to cooking a dwarf is, um..." Bilbo tried to think of anything. "Yes? Come on." the troll said. "It's, uh..." Bilbo was trying his hardest. "Tell us the secret." the troll pressured. "Ye-yes, I'm telling you the secret is.... to skin them first!" Bilbo finally said, pleased with himself. "Tom, get me the filleting knife." the troll ordered. The dwarves didn't seem too pleased.

"What a load of rubbish! I've eaten plenty with their skins on. Scruff them, I say, boots and all." the other troll, called Tom, said. The third troll grabbed Bombur and was about to eat him when Bilbo distracted him. "Not- not that one, h-he is infected!" Bilbo quickly blurted out while watching something out of the corner of his eye. Lacheana followed his eyes and saw a familiar figure move behind the trees nearby.

"You what?" the troll asked while still holding Bombur. "Yeah, he's got worms in his... um, tubes." Bilbo explained. The troll threw Bombur into the pile of dwarves, who all groaned under his weight. "In-in fact they all have, they're in-infested with parasites. It's terrible business, I wouldn't risk it, I really wouldn't." Bilbo said, trying to make his story believable but the dwarves didn't go along. They yelled in protest until Lacheana hit Thorin, who understood Bilbo's plan and then hit the others, who then understood Bilbo's plan too. They all started bragging how big their parasites were.

"What would you have us do, then, let them all go?" the troll named Tom asked. "Well..." Bilbo said. "You think I don't know what you're up to? The little ferret is taking us for fools!" the troll exclaimed. "Ferret?" Bilbo asked confused. "Fools?" one of the other trolls asked.

Suddenly Gandalf spoke: "The dawn will take you all!" he stood on top of a big rock. "Who's that?" one of the trolls asked. "No idea." Tom responded. "Can we eat him too?" the third troll asked excitedly. Gandalf then struck the rock under him with his staff and it broke in half letting the sun shine on the trolls. The trolls grunted while turning into stones because of the sunlight. Dwarves cheered for Gandalf and Lacheana was happy that she got out of the bag.

Thorin and Gandalf whispered between themselves. Lacheana looked around and found a cave. She tried to get the others attention but nobody looked at her. Varda, give me strength. She heard Thorin say: "There must be a cave nearby." Thank you! She jumped and while landing tried to make as much noise as she could, which was hard since she was just an elf. "Lacheana, what is it?" Bofur asked. She pointed with her finger angrily at the cave's entrance. "Good find!" Gandalf said and walked past her into the cave. I know.

"Oh, what's that stench?" Nori asked sniffing the air. "It's a troll hoard. Be careful what you touch." Gandalf warned. Lacheana looked how the dwarves started digging a hole and burying a casket of gold and other treasuries. Dwarves. A quick smile appeared on her face.

"My lady, was that a smile that I just witnessed?" Bilbo asked smiling. Lacheana looked at him with her usual serious face but winked at him before turning away. "Bilbo?" Gandalf asked. "Hmm?" Bilbo asked turning to Gandalf. Lacheana realized that she and Bilbo were the last two in the cave. "Here. This is about your size." Gandalf said and gave him a small sword. "I can't take that." Bilbo protested. "The blade is of elvish make which means it will glow blue when orcs or goblins are nearby." Gandalf said. "I have never used a sword in my life." Bilbo said taking the sword nervously. "And I hope you never have to. But if you do, remember this: true courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one." Gandalf spoke true words of wisdom.

"Something's coming!" Thorin alarmed. Lacheana walked past Bilbo and Gandalf. She looked around and followed the dwarves. "Stay together! Hurry now. Arm yourselves." Gandalf demanded.

Lacheana held out her sword even though she didn't sense evil coming their way. I have to be wrong some day, can't be too sure in myself. Rabbits emerge from the forest and behind them a sled with a familiar wizard on it. "Thieves! Fire! Murder!" Radagast yelled. Lacheana saw Thorin give a quick glance to her. You fool. It ain't me!

"Radagast! Radagast the Brown. Ah... What on earth are you doing here?" Gandalf asked. "I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong." Radagast spoke worriedly. "Yes?" Gandalf asked. Lacheana walked closer too. Radagast opened and closed his mouth, like he would like to say something but couldn't.

"Oh, just give me a minute. Umm, oh, I had a thought, and now I've lost it. It was, it was right there, on the tip of my tongue." Radagast mumbled. Radagast stuck out his tongue and said surprised: "Oh, it's not a thought at all, it's a silly old..." Gandalf picked up a bug and Radagast continued: "... Stick insect!" Radagast and Gandalf walked away from the dwarves to have a few private words. Lacheana sheathed her sword and looked around. Something made her sick in her stomach. She lifted up the mask of her helmet to sniff air. She knew what was near them and then the whole company heard a bloodcurdling howl.

"Was that a wolf? Are there- are there wolves out there?" Bilbo was worried. "Wolves? No that is not a wolf." Bofur said. Lacheana let down her mask again and took out her sword which instantly lit up. A warg jumped in the middle of the company. Thorin killed the orc that rode that and Lacheana killed the warg. Another warg jumped and Kili shot it with an arrow but it got up again so Dwalin killed it. He stumbled a bit and Lacheana caught him. She let go of him as quickly as she could so she wouldn't hurt him much.

"Dwalin? Did you get hurt by Lacheana?" Gandalf asked after he saw what had happened. Dwalin shook his head and stared at Lacheana under his brows. "Warg-scouts! Which means an orc pack is not far behind." Thorin said and looked around. "Orc pack?" Bilbo asked his voice full of fear. "Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Gandalf asked from Thorin. "No one." Thorin scowled. "Who did you tell?" Gandalf asked. He was angry and worried. "No one, I swear. What in Durin's name is going on?" Thorin asked, he was as angry as Gandalf, but confused also.

"You are being hunted." Gandalf said. "We have to get out of here." Dwalin said. "We can't! We have no ponies. They bolted!" Ori was worried. "I'll draw them off." Radagast spoke. "These are Gundabad wargs. They will outrun you." Gandalf disagreed. "These are Rhosgobel rabbits. I'd like to see them try!" Radagast responded with a challenging voice.

Lacheana looked how Radagast rode off. She was at the far back of the company as they ran across a rocky plain. She saw wargs not too far away from them so they hid behind the rocks. Lacheana completely ignored what Gandalf or Thorin said. When they were again hiding a warg was on top of the rock behind which they were hiding. Kili stepped out of the hiding and shot the warg who fell down and were killed by the dwarves. But the roars and screams draw the other wargs to them.

"Move. Run!" Gandalf shouted and started running. Lacheana waited until everyone else were running before she followed. But wargs were surrounding them. They ran a bit more but then the wargs were too close. Lacheana grabbed the hilt of her sword and started fighting. She wasn't the only one since Kili shot the wargs with his bow. The wargs came closer and soon all of the dwarves were fighting.

"Where is Gandalf?" Kili yelled out. "He has abandoned us!" Dwalin growled. "This way you fools!" Gandalf yelled from behind a rock. All of the dwarves jumped after Gandalf until Kili was the only one out with Lacheana. "Kili! Run!" Thorin shouted at his sister's son. Kili turned to him and ran leaving Lacheana alone. Very clever, Gandalf!

"Where's Lacheana?" Bilbo asked while looking around. "Lacheana knows how to take care of herself. Don't fear for her." Gandalf assured. "I cannot see where the pathway leads. Do we follow it or not?" Dwalin asked looking ahead. "Follow it, of course!" Bofur cheered. "I think that would be wise." Gandalf said with a pleased voice.

Lacheana was saved by elves although she actually didn't need saving but the assistance from them made her life easier. "My lady Lacheana." a dark-haired elf said while he dismounted his horse. Lacheana bowed deeply before taking off her helmet. "Will you accompany us to Rivendell?" Elrond asked. Lacheana nodded and summoned her horse, who appeared seemingly out of nowhere. She mounted her horse and traveled next to lord Elrond.