Dale

Bilbo was siting with his back against the cold stone wall. Lacheana stood across from him and the dwarves were in the armory, finding something to use in the battle. Bilbo took something out from his coat pocket and watched it. Suddenly Thorin roared and approached Bilbo. "What is that?!" he growled. Bilbo stood up hiding his hand back in his pocket.

"In your hand!"

Lacheana held the hilt of her sword incase she needed to protect Bilbo. "It-It's nothing." Bilbo mumbled in fear. "Show me." Thorin ordered. "It..." Bilbo started and held out his hand again an acorn on his palm. "I picked it up in Beorn's garden." Bilbo explained. "You have carried it all this way." Thorin mumbled in astonishment. "I'm gonna plant it in my garden, in Bag End." Bilbo said. Thorin's anger faded and he smiled at Bilbo. Lacheana unleashed her sword's hilt and straightened her posture. "That's a poor price to take back to the Shire." Thorin said. "One day it'll grow. And every time I look at it, I'll remember. Remember everything that happened, the good, the bad. And how lucky I am that I made it home." Bilbo smiled.

Bilbo then took a deep breath and said: "Thorin, I..." but Dwalin interrupted him. "Thorin, survivors, from Lake town. They are streaming into Dale. There's hundreds of them." he said. Thorin's face went stern. "Call everyone to the gate." he ordered before rushing away yelling: "To the gate! Now!" Bilbo looked at Lacheana with a scared and confused gaze. 

Lacheana and Bilbo watched how the dwarves blocked up the entrance. Thorin shouted occasionally but for Lacheana his words were all muffled out. She stared at the city of Dale. Her thoughts traveled to Gandalf, to Beorn, to Elrond and even to Legolas.

She sifted her gaze away from Dale and came back to reality with her thoughts only because Bilbo waved his hand infront of her face. She stared at the hobbit, who was standing on top of a pile of stone rubble to match his height with the tall elf. "I'm sorry, my lady, but you seemed rather lost. Is everything alright?" Bilbo asked concerned. Alright? No, nothing is alright. Lacheana shook her head and pointed at Thorin and the sealed gate. "I see. I'm afraid that I cannot do anything to make it better. Unless..." Bilbo trailed off with his train of thought. Lacheana took off her glove and placed her pale and soft hand on the hobbit's shoulder. She nodded even though she didn't know what he had planned. It cannot be worse than this. Bilbo nodded and ran off leaving Lacheana alone.

Lacheana saw the dwarves rush towards the gate. She followed them. Kili, Fili, Dwalin and Thorin went up on the gate to talk with the ones on the other side. Lacheana heard a familiar voice talking with Thorin. After some discussion Thorin came down and walked up to a hole inside the blocked entrance.

"I'm listening."

"On behalf of the people of Laketown, I ask that you honor your pledge. A share of the treasure so that they might rebuild their lives." Bard said. "I will not treat with any man while an armed host lies before my door." Thorin said arrogantly. "That armed host will attack this mountain, if we do not come to terms." Bard warned. "Your threats do not sway me." Thorin replied. Lacheana couldn't listen to that stupidity that Thorin said so she rushed away. She walked to a corridor not too far away and leaned against the cold wall. She heard muffled voices and then Thorin shout: "We have reclaimed Erebor, now we defend it!"

When the dwarves were again in the armory she went to the gate. She looked over the edge of it. Varda, that is high. She took a deep breath and jumped ending it in a crouch. She then stood straight up and quickly adjusted her armor before starting to walk towards the city of Dale.

She walked straight past the guards and towards the center of the city. The guards looked after her but didn't dare to stop her. She immediately knew what she had looked for after she saw it, a big tent, suitable for only a king. She walked right up to it and stormed in with dramatically pushing the flaps of the door open. Unfortunately nobody saw her entrance since the tent was empty. She took off her helmet and stepped closer to one of the lanterns before putting her hand in the small light of it.