Trolls

They had set out early in the morning. Dwarves on their ponies, Gandalf on his horse and Lacheana had summoned herself a black horse with flaming mane. Lacheana was very aware of her surroundings while the dwarves talked and joked. They even made bets if Bilbo comes or not. Lacheana didn't take part since she wasn't interested in such businesses.

"Wait! Wait!" a faint voice yelled. Lacheana stopped her horse and turned to look at a small hobbit running after them. "I signed it!" Bilbo said and handed Balin the contract.

"Everything appears to be in order. Welcome, master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield." Balin Said smiling. Thorin and Lacheana were the only ones who didn't cheer. Thorin didn't want to and Lacheana couldn't even if she wanted. She only smiled a bit but then turned back to her usual seriousness.

"Give him a pony." Thorin commanded. Lacheana watched how Bilbo protested but he was simply lifted on a pony by Fili and Kili.

Sacks of money were being tossed between the dwarves. Lacheana saw Bilbo and Gandalf talking after what Gandalf caught a sack too. "Stop! We have to turn around." Bilbo exclaimed. Lacheana looked ahead since she was in the far back of the company. "What on earth is the matter?" Gandalf asked. "I forgot my handkerchief." Bilbo stated.

What? Such a small inconvenience.

"Here! Use this." Bofur said and teared a strip of cloth from his clothes. Most of the dwarves laughed at this and Thorin said: "Move on." Gandalf told something to Bilbo but Lacheana didn't pay attention to them because her mind was focused on something far away. Lacheana rushed away from the company and she heard a few shouts after her asking where she was going.

She rode for awhile until she reached her destination. She dismounted her horse and moved slowly and quietly. Lacheana noticed a small pack of orcs, maybe 7, moving along the river. She grabbed the hilt of her sword after what it lit up and then she pulled her shield, with a dragon image on it, infront of her. She jumped out of the bushes, which startled the orcs a bit. The first orc was slain with a hit trough the stomach. She kicked the second one down while she decapitated the third one. Then she threw her silver dagger into the forth one and killed the second one by slicing his stomach. The fifth one jumped on to her back but instantly jumped down because Lacheana's armor was too hot to touch. The orc growled in agony as Lacheana ended his suffering by decapitation. The last ones ran away in fear. Lacheana sheathed her sword, retrieved her dagger and put her shield on her back before summoning her horse by merely think about him. Lets find those dwarves.

"Someone is coming." Thorin whispered. Everyone stood up and found their weapons. Thorin turned towards the forest, his eyes observing it. Suddenly a dark figure with a faint glow emerged. Fili was the first to swing and then others followed but the supposed attacker blocked them all. "Stop! Fools, that's Lacheana!" Gandalf shouted. He was visibly mad. The dwarves were stunned. Lacheana dismounted her horse and he ran away. She took off her helmet and walked next to the fire.

"I beg for your forgiveness for the whole company." Balin said and bowed. Lacheana bowed her head too and put her hand into the fire. "What? Lacheana! What are you doing?" Bilbo asked and tried to pull her hand out the fire. He gasped in pain because his hands got burned. What is this halfling doing? Lacheana looked at Gandalf for help.

"My dear Bilbo, Lacheana needs to do so. She gets her strength from the fire. Come, show me your hands." Gandalf said. Bilbo walked over to Gandalf, who took Bilbo's hands into his. He blew cold air onto them and Bilbo's hands stopped hurting. "Thank you, Gandalf." Bilbo said while shoving his hands into his pockets. "Now rest. It will be a long journey tomorrow." Gandalf said. Bilbo nodded and looked as Lacheana pulled her hand out of the fire with it still looked fair and beautiful. She put her glove on and stood far away from the camp, her back towards the company. She stared far away and felt a weird evil feeling in the air.

The dwarves whispered between each other. Lacheana knew that she was the topic of that conversation. "Gandalf, are you sure we can trust her? There is still the legend..." a voice asked. "I am a sure of Lacheana's trustworthiness as I am in myself. You do not have to believe that old legend." Gandalf mumbled. Lacheana thanked Gandalf in her head.

"Mr. Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?" Dori asked. It was raining heavily. Lacheana flames were slowly extinguished by the rain and a sizzling sound with steam was surrounding her.

"It is raining, master dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard." Gandalf said. Bilbo thought for a moment and then asked: "Are there any?"

"What?" Gandalf asked turning to the hobbit. "Other wizards?" Bilbo specified his question. "There are five of us. The greatest of our order is Saruman, the White. Lacheana and him don't get along very well. Then there are the two blue wizards. I seem to have forgotten their names." Gandalf said and fell into thought before Bilbo asked: "And who is the fifth?"

"Well that would be Radagast, the Brown." Gandalf said. "Is he a great wizard or is he... more like you?" Bilbo asked. Gandalf looked offended and if Lacheana could laugh she would have. She smiled for a second behind her helmet. "I think he's a very great wizard, in his own way. He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the East, and a good thing too, for always evil will look to find a foothold in this world." Gandalf said, his words full of wisdom.

"We'll camp here tonight. Fili, Kili, look after the ponies. Make sure to stay with them." Thorin ordered. Lacheana looked around. She used to know the family who lived here. When she turned back after a few moments she saw how Gandalf was walking away. "Everything alright? Gandalf, where are you going?" Bilbo asked confused.

"To seek the company of the only one around here who's got any sense." Gandalf said angrily. And what about me? "Who's that?" Bilbo asked still confused. "Myself, Mr. Baggins! I've had enough of dwarves for one day." Gandalf said angrily. Gandalf, don't leave me with these short people! Lacheana knew that she had seen a group of trolls around here so she decided to take a walk around and secure their camp site. "Lacheana? You too?" Bilbo yelled after her. She turned around for a second but then walked away from the company.

"Are they coming back?" Bilbo asked from Balin who looked rather unsure.

Lacheana had found the trolls long ago and was now keeping watch over them. She had no interest in taking down three trolls all by herself. Then she saw one of the trolls come back with two ponies. Now it was in her interest.

"Oh, I don't like horse, never have. Not enough fat on them." one of the trolls whined. "Well it's better than the leathery old farmer. All skin and bones, he was. I'm still picking bits of him out of me teeth." the other one said. So that's what happened to him. Suddenly she noticed a small figure lurking around. She saw that it was Bilbo. Lacheana started to quietly climb down to hold back Bilbo. She was confused when she saw that Bilbo was sneaking towards one of the troll. She was almost down with Bilbo but suddenly the troll grabbed him and blew his nose into him. Lacheana was disgusted. The troll was startled by Bilbo's sudden presence.

"What are you then? An oversized squirrel?" one of the other trolls asked. "I'm a burglar- uh, hobbit." Bilbo stuttered. Lacheana decided to make her move when they started talking about cooking Bilbo. She ran right infront of them and straight into the fire. But they didn't notice her. She grabbed the hilt of her sword and struck the blade into one of the trolls foot.

"Ouch!" the troll yelled and dropped Bilbo. Lacheana ran out of the fire and caught Bilbo but let him down immediately. Bilbo was expecting to get burned but through his clothes Lacheana's armor's heat wasn't burning. Then the company arrived. Lacheana started fighting letting Bilbo out of her sight. After a few moments she saw Bilbo being held up by one of the trolls. "Lay down your arms, or we'll rip his off." the troll threatened. Lacheana threw her sword down without thinking twice and Thorin followed her actions with anger making his blood boil. The other dwarves followed Thorin's actions.