Bringing Home Benjamin

"I just need to make a quick call!" Taylor smiled as she petted the adorable cat in her arms. She gave the cat to Andrea to hold while she took out her phone to call Joe.

After the first ring he picked up, "Hey babe, whats up, hows it going on set?"

Taylor died on the inside like she always does whenever she hears Joe's accent but managed to form a reply "Hey Joe! So I was on set today and I found something I want to bring back home and just wanted to make sure it's okay with you."

Joe was slightly confused as to why she was asking permission, "Sure I mean it's fine with me. But what is it exactly? Is it like the little bunny decoration you brought home from the End Game set?"

For no exact reason suddenly Taylor became really nervous and realized that this was a big thing. She was a bringing home a cat for god's sake, a living creature. "Well not exactly..." Taylor trailed off. Joe fell silent, waiting for a reply. "It's a cat." Taylor blurted out.

Joe chuckled, "You want to bring home a cat? Of course love! You had me so scared I thought you were going to bring home a lion."

"Well there's always time for that later," She smiled, "So I was thinking that this could be like our cat you know? Like obviously your like, Mer and Olivia's father but it's almost like step-dad but here you can be dad, dad." Taylor rambled on, unaware that Joe was just smiling on the other side. Suddenly Taylor went quiet before nervously asking "So... yeah, we can get it?"

"Duh! I can't wait! What time will you be home tonight?" Joe questioned, excitement clearly visible.

"The plan is that I'll be home by 6:00 so I was thinking maybe you could cook dinner? Your spaghetti sounds great right now" Taylor's stomach rumbled, a reminder that she had skipped lunch.

"Okay I'll have it ready then, call me when you're leaving, love you!" Joe smiled.

"Will do, love you too, bye!" Taylor hung up excitedly and walked back over to her mom, who was still cuddling the cat in her arms.

"What did Joe say?" asked Andrea, breaking her gaze from the kitten.

"We're getting the cat!" Taylor exclaimed, doing a little jump.

"Oh yay!" Andrea smiled, "I'm so happy for you guys! What are you gonna name him?"

"I was thinking Joe and I will think of a name when I get home" Taylor shyly said, still ecstatic that it was her and Joe's cat.

"It'll be like having a baby" Andrea grinned.

Taylor rolled her eyes, "I don't know if we're quite there yet"

"You'll be there sooner then you think" Andrea smirked and handed Taylor the kitten.

Taylor blushed and took the kitten, immediately cradling it in her arms, "Whatever" she replied, deflecting the comment. 

--------------------------------------------------

Soon enough, 6:00 came and she pulled up the driveway towards her LA home. Taylor gets out of the car, the kitten in hand. Security ushered her inside, and Taylor heard the oven beep as she walked in. She peeked around corner, watching Joe take out his bread rolls. With the kitten in her arms she slowly walked up behind him and once he had safely put the bread rolls down (their precious she doesn't want to mess with them) she wrapped her arms around him from the back, bringing the kitten around in her hands so he could see it.

"Holy shit!" He exclaimed. "That's a.. that's our... fuck it's a cat!" Joe stared in awe in front of him the used his fingers to caress the front of the kitten. "Hey there little guy" He cooed, while the cat stared up at him curiously. Taylor let the kitten fully go into Joe's arms then stepped back to watch the adorable exchange. "Now aren't you the cutest little guy," Joe murmurs, rocking it back and forth. "Mer and Liv are going to be so jealous of you" Taylor swears she can see all the love bubbling up on Joe's face. It was like giving a five year old his favorite candy when it wasn't even a special occasion. Joe looks to Taylor and sets the cat down on the ground to pull her into a hug. "God I love you so much" he says while resting his chin on her head.

Taylor smiles, "I love you too".

Joe brings his face down slightly to kiss her softly, which soon turns in to a mini make out session. It doesn't last for long, because soon enough they hear a small meow from the ground. "Oh c'mere- " Joe pauses. "Does he have a name?"

"Oh well I was going to wait for you so we could choose one together" Taylor softly smiled as she picked the whining cat off of the ground.

Joe was touched, "You waited?"

"Of course dummy, it's your cat as much as it is mine" Taylor beamed, then stopped as soon as Joe didn't reply, wondering if she said something wrong. They stood there for a second, gazing at each other, and Taylor realized that Joe had tears in his eyes. Just the thought of Joe crying over this made Taylor cry and suddenly they both were glassy eyed.

"I'll never let you go" Joe broke the silence and leaned in to kiss her(careful to avoid the cat in her arm) with so much heartfelt passion Taylor thought she was going to explode. They stood there, intertwined for a moment before Joe spoke, "So what should we name him?"

Taylor gave a cheesy smile, "Well I was thinking more of a British name? Proper but something we could perhaps shorten and give him a nickname."

Joe thought for a second before grabbing his phone off the counter and typing something in. Taylor set the cat down on the floor and peered over Joe's shoulder. He was on a google and had typed in 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'. Taylor look at him, "Whats this?"

Joe gave her a nervous glance, "Well was thinking that we could name him Benjamin? Benjamin Button would be his full name obviously but I thought it sounded quite proper and fit the cat. My friend and I were just talking about this movie the other day and it popped into my mind... it's just an option though, I mean there are lots of great names and all." Joe glanced over at Taylor who had a giddy expression on her face.

"I love it" Taylor pecked him on the cheek then pulled him over to where newly named 'Benjamin' had already made himself at home on the couch. "Hey there Benjamin!" Taylor picked him up and handed him to Joe.

Joe looked down at the cat snuggled in his arms, "Hey Benji" Joe smiled and thought he could never feel happier.

"So uh we have to go in and just get some paperwork settled tomorrow, make sure he can travel internationally and all that fun stuff, are you going to come?" Taylor questioned.

Without hesitation Joe replied, "Of course I'm going to come love, it's our  cat."

"Our cat" Taylor looked wistfully as she leaned her head on Joe's shoulder. "Now about that spaghetti..."