Thor Odinson X Reader - Think About Things

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Think About Things' by Daði Freyr. I wrote this whilst sitting in the garden in the sun and I was in a super good mood, which I hope comes through in my writing. I hope you all enjoy it.

Thor had always been a man of very few words. It had taken you months to realise that he even had a crush on you. Hell, he could spend entire days without ever saying anything at all, just sitting in a happy little silence until you forced him to break it. 

It wasn't that you minded him being quiet. In fact, sitting quietly with him was one of the most relaxing parts of your day. It was comfortable and left you feeling completely fulfilled. But there were occasions where you would have preferred a little more conversation. 

You would have loved it if he would tell you his feelings now and again, rather than leaving you to guess them from his actions. And it would definitely be nice to hear him tell you how much he loved you once in a while. 

It had become quite common to sun yourself around the pool at the Avengers compound. Sometimes you would listen to music, or chat with one of your colleagues, or sometimes you would simply sit with a book and drift away for a little while. The only definite was that Thor would be laying beside you on his own sun bed, soaking up the rays in absolute silence. 

This afternoon, you had opted for your headphones, nodding your head along to some forgotten pop song until your eyes landed on Thor again.

"Baby," you murmured, pulling the headphones out of your ears as he opened his eyes to look at you, a hum escaping his throat. "Talk to me," you continued, fixing him with a firm look that left his brow furrowed.

"About what?"

You paused for a moment, shrugging. "I don't know. Just tell me anything and let me listen to you."

Thor hummed again, shifting on his sun bed to watch you carefully. "Is everything alright?" You nodded, waiting for him to talk again. "Steve was telling me that he started a new television show," he uttered and you nodded again.

"What is it?"

"He said it was about a group of friends living in New York," he started again, watching as a small smile pulled at your lips. "He said that there was a character called Ross who he was not a fan of."

You chuckled this time, nodding once more. "No one likes Ross," you told him. "He's the worse."

Thor smiled, chuckling along with you. "So you have seen this show?"

"Everyone's seen Friends," you started, sitting up and settling on your sun bed to face your boyfriend properly. 

"Would I like it?" 

You pursed your lips slightly as you considered his question. "Maybe. I think you'd like Chandler the most." You both fell silent for a moment, and your smile faded slightly.

"Who are the other friends?" he uttered, breaking the silence once more. 

"Well," you started softly. "You've got Monica, she's Ross's sister. And her best friend is Rachel. And Phoebe, who's the weird one of the group. And then Chandler has this roommate called Joey, and he's an actor but he flirts with every woman he sees. There's this catchphrase he uses 'How you doin?' and it's like really well known-"

"How you doin'?" Thor repeated, a smirk pulling at his lips. "And he uses this line to flirt with the women?" You nodded. "Does it work?"

You shrugged slightly. "On most women, yeah."

"Would it work on you?"

You chuckled slightly, your cheeks tinting red. "I don't know."

Thor nodded, laying back on his sun bed again and listening as you released a small sigh. "Hey, Y/N?" You hummed, watching him carefully as he turned his head in your direction. "How you doin'?"

A snort of laughter escaped you, a sound that Thor had grown to love over the few years you had known each other. "That's not fair," you cried out, shaking your head. "Anything said in your voice would make me weak in the knees." 

"Oh?" he murmured, reaching out to take your hand in his, still laying back all relaxed. "You like it when I talk, huh?" 

Your cheeks began to heat up as you smiled at him. "Of course I do. I like everything about you."

"But you really like my voice?"

You pouted your lips, shifting slightly on the spot. "Yep."

"You like it when I talk?" he reiterated, watching you carefully, with a smirk on his lips.

"I do."

He nodded, pulling you closer to him so that you had to join him on his lounger. "Then I will make more of an effort to talk for you."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x