Loki Laufeyson X Reader - IV. Sweatpants

A/N - This chapter is based on some very specific lyric from the song 'IV. Sweatpants' by Childish Gambino: "Rich kid, asshole; paint me as a villain." It's really short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

Of course, you understood why Tony took exception to Loki being brought into the Avengers. There was bad blood between them, and it was easy enough to see why, but he'd been such an arsehole when you'd first been introduced that all sense of understanding went flying out the window. 

"And you must be Mrs. Evil-man-from-outer-space," he'd uttered, a firm glare fixed on his features. If it weren't for the stern expression you probably would have laughed the comment off and buried the hatchet, but you'd never been good at holding your tongue when people were so clearly disapproving of you. "How'd you meet? Plotting to overthrow a planet?"

A thick bubble of laughter escaped you as you allowed your eyes to land on him. "If I'd ever plotted to rule your sorry excuse for a planet you'd already be calling me Your Grace," you murmured, allowing a small smile to drift onto your lips. 

"Y/N," Loki uttered softly, his hand coming to rest on your knee and drawing your attention away from the man in front of you.

"Mr Stark was just introducing himself," you started, glancing over at your husband with a sweet smile. Tony grunted slightly, shifting away from you as he grabbed his drink from the bar, getting to his feet and stalking away. "What an arsehole," you murmured, turning to fully face Loki with a face like thunder.

Loki's brow furrowed as he glanced down at you, his hand coming to touch your chin lightly, hovering there for just a second. "What'd he say?"

"Nothing that could possibly hurt my feelings," you uttered, leaning into his touch and pulling him down to kiss you. "Typical rich kid trying to get a kick out of making themselves the victim."

Loki paused for a moment, glancing over to where Tony was standing on the other side of the room. "I should say something," he murmured, more to himself than to you, but you quickly gripped his hand in yours, drawing his attention back to you.

"There is no way that your conversation would end well for us," you told him softly, pressing a kiss to the palm of his hand. "He's bound to throw comments about for a while, but he'll realise it's not worth it soon enough."

You watched as your husband's lips pulled into a pout for just a moment, before smoothing out again. "I hate that you're so smart."

A small chuckled escaped you as he took the seat beside you. "Why? Were you looking forward to starting a fight with the human embodiment of self-entitlement?"

Loki hummed, a smile coming to his lips as he looked at you from the side of his eyes. "Absolutely. He needs putting in his place."

"Well," you started softly, linking your fingers through his. "That's not our job. Someone else'll do it for us eventually."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x