Loki X Reader - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

A/N- This imagine is based on the song 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)' by P!nk. If you've ever heard the song you'll know this probably won't have a happy ending, and it's pretty short, but I hope you all enjoy it anyway.

Loki was sleeping on the sofa again. He did so most nights now, or he had begun to in recent weeks. It would start with a little bit of bickering as you got ready to go to bed, and by the time you were asleep it would have been an all out shouting-fest.  God, how had it even gotten this far. 

You had spent the last twenty minutes, or so, just staring at the ceiling, unable to sleep and unwilling to keep your eyes shut. Fuck. You should have seen this all coming; you'd never been the most stable couple in the world, but now it was something else.  

You sighed as you finally gave in, sitting up and running a hand over your face. You would have to tell him, explain to him how unhappy you were, how miserable you were making one another. It was time to stop fighting.

The wooden floor of your bedroom was ice cold when you finally climbed out of bed. As you crossed the room you felt your chest growing heavy, tears making your throat thick, leaving it hard to swallow. But still, you persisted, pulling the door open and creeping out into the living room as quietly as possible.

"Y/N?" Loki looked so innocent like this, face scrunched up in confusion as he watched you, still half asleep. "What are you doing up?"

"I need to talk to you," you started, hovering awkwardly by the arm of the sofa. 

Loki sighed. "Can it wait until the morning? It's 3am."

You wanted to burst into tears right then and there, but you knew that if you did your plan would fly out of the window. As soon as you began crying he would be there, his arms so comforting that all of the horrible thoughts would disappear from your mind. "No," the word came out of you as a squeak, but it seemed to catch his attention as he sat up to look at you properly. "I don't think it should wait," you added, picking at your thumbnail as you avoided looking at him.

"Then what is it?" The frown that you sent him was so broken, so sad, that it caught Loki of guard, and his whole demeanour softened. "Tell me."

You took a deep breath, readying yourself. "I don't think we should be together anymore."

Loki remained silent for a moment, staring at you in surprise. And then he released a sigh. "Okay."

It hadn't been the response you were expecting. You had been so ready for a fight, to have to force him into leaving, but now it seemed there was no battle left in either of you. 

"If that's what you want, then okay."

You nodded slightly. "I don't think either of us is happy," you started again, shifting on the spot for a moment, "and I'm just so tired of arguing."

"I understand." 

"You aren't mad?"

Loki shrugged slightly, a small frown on his lips. "I mean, I'm sad, but you're right. We aren't happy anymore, why force it?" You both stood in silence for a moment. Years of commitment, ended in a five minute conversation. Who would've thought it? "I'll get my stuff together in the morning."

"Okay." You were in shock as you made your way back to your room, pausing to glance back at him for a moment, until he looked up at you. "Goodnight."

"Night."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x