Chapter 143: Warm Day, Warm Hearts (EP. 01)

Start from the beginning

As he spun her happily around, one thought lingered in her mind as he did his dance of excitement.

Your arms feel like home.

Two delighted coos made the couple instantly pause in surprise. The King of Arendelle giddily placed his wife back on her feet before approaching the two cherry wood cribs in sheer thrill, and the grin that tugged on his lips remained there for much, much longer.

He swiftly hoisted both of his children to his hips, each of his arms holding a squealing twin safely. He elevated them higher so they can both see his face more clearly.

"Good morning to you," He planted a kiss on his little girl's cheek, "And you!" And to his son's head before nuzzling each of them wildly, paying no attention to their bed heads.

Elsa just stood there in front of them, deep in wonder as she carefully watched her little family.

Their growing family.

"Do you want to greet daddy, huh?" He spoke in an infantile way, "It's daddy's day today! And he wants to spend it with you both..." He glanced at his queen fondly before retreating his gaze to his children's endearing round eyes.

"... And that gorgeous woman right there."

Elsa rolled her eyes good naturedly and took her daughter from her father's tight clutch and rummaged through their drawers and pulled out two formerly folded infant bodysuits, each particularly decorated with cotton bunny ears protruding from the hood.

"Let me help you," Aiden gingerly took one bodysuit and smiled gently, "I'll bathe this one and Aria is yours."

"Alright, but first," Elsa waved her index finger to lure him to step closer. Aiden grinned in curiosity and complied with his wife's request.

Their lips met in a searing kiss, one that lasted longer than they expected.

Aiden touched his lips with a thumb blankly, awfully in a mind numbing daze. Elsa suppressed a giggle and once again spoke, "That's your birthday gift, birthday boy."

"H-hah..."

Elsa smiled and walked away for the bathroom, Aria nestled against her mother's shoulder with bleary green eyes.

Best present ever.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋

"Was it just yesterday you were just a bouncing baby boy..." Helena sniffled dramatically, but her words are all too genuine. She ruffled her son's black locks and blew her nose on a hankie, letting Aiden blush and embarrassed shade of red at his mother's words.

Elsa sniggered beside him, causing Aiden's cheeks to grow more inflamed.

"Well, happy birthday, son," She handed him a neatly wrapped present in blue, "I requested a copy
manuscript of the sequel of your favorite book, The Clockmaster, am I right?"

"Y-yes." Aiden's face paled. The mention of his favored novel aroused the excitement blooming in his heart. The sequel book has not yet been released, but here he was, holding the manuscript and holding it to his chest like a child to his favorite toy.

"It was strangely delivered a few days ago more quickly than I thought," Helena's smile widened, "By the author himself, no less."

"W-whatever do you mean?" He is surely excited now.

"Turns out that the famous Noah Gundersen resides here in Arendelle, he moved in from England just a few weeks ago," Helena clasped her hands back together.

"You admire his work too, don't you, mama?" Aiden smirked.

"I challenge you to a Clockmaster quiz and I am sure I would get a higher score."

"Blurred," Aiden stuck out his tongue teasingly before giving his mother a side hug, "But thank you for this, mama."

"You are most certainly welcome," Helena nodded, out of breath slightly as Aiden squeezed her tighter because of his buff build, "J-just let me breathe for a few mere seconds."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDEN!"

Agnarr, Kristoff and Magoo simultaneously gave the startled King series of noogies and tight hugs as they sprung from behind, leaving the fire wielder breathless for a minute once they retreated.

"T-thank you kindly," He croaked out.

"Here's my gift to you, pal," Kristoff patted his back, "I do know your sword broke because of your recent fencing match with Mags here..."

"Woah, is this-?"

"Personally forged and Aiden strength proof? Damn right," The blonde smiled, "I know a certain blacksmith at town and I asked him a little favor for this blade to represent you."

"Thank you so much, just look at this beauty," The fire king gawked at the exposed rain guard, "And oh my goodness, the scabbard..."

"You're welcome."

"Here ya go," Magoo roughly tossed him a rectangular package, "A pretty suit for a pretty lover boy," He winked.

Aiden shook his head as he laughed and flashed him a grateful smile, "Thanks, Mags."

"Anytime."

"Happy birthday, Aiden," Agnarr formally addressed before giving him a present of his own, "You're beginning to like painting, right?"

"I'm fond of it, actually."

"Well, I think you're going to like this complete paint gear I bought for you," His father in law smiled.

"Oh my, thank you."

A stubby snowman walked in with his little companion, holding a silver package tucked with a red ribbon, "Don't forget about us! Happy birthday Aiden!"

"Why, thank you, Olaf," He lowered himself to the snowman's level and gave the corgi's head a grateful pat, "And Charlie. Mmh, chocolates? Thank you very much."

"Where's mama and Anna?" Elsa questioned.

"Oh, Iduna's assisting your sister through her morning sickness," Agnarr sheepishly scratched his head, "But right after breakfast, what are your plans for the day, Aiden?"

"What is, indeed?" Aiden wondered.

Oh. Right, he smiled, spend the day with mama, Elsa and the twins.

"We'll just be by town," He responded with a grin, "Quite possibly by that newly opened ice cream parlor."