Epilogue

I pull away from Vanessa, unable to restrain a few tears from falling.

"Lets get you home," Vanessa says with a smile, grabbing my hand. Immediately the feeling of transportation overtakes me - one that I haven't felt in so long - and the next thing I know, we're standing in the middle of the planning room at the Base.

"It's been a while," I start, "tell me what's been going on around here!"

Vanessa smiles, and I can't tear my eyes away from her. Her beauty, her great personality, and her smile are things I've missed so much; I can't believe I finally made my way back to her.

"It has been a while! To start, after you were captured, I went right back to finding Celia during the days and searching for you at nights. I installed a tracker so I knew where you were, I guess, but I could never find the exact spot. I've been roaming those mountains for so man hours, searching underground and above ground but I could never find you. They must've hidden you well. Anyway, I found Celia quickly; she actually was in the spot that Rico pointed us toward. Once I found her, I immediately explained our plan. She was ecstatic. She helped me defeat Grey, actually, once I was able to figure out how to take down the spell that kept her locked in the cell no matter what. It was some pretty tough spells and puzzles to figure out, but I did it."

"Wait, so Grey's destroyed completely now?" I ask, sifting through all of the information I've been given. She has been busy. I wish I could've helped her with all of this but right now, all I'm concerned with is being with her once again, and also finding my family. I'm going to make things right with my father; I can't leave our relationship the way it had to be earlier; burned and destroyed.

"Yeah, Celia helped me see to that. He's spending some nice, quality time with the spirits. Luckily, Celia also knew a way to make sure he can't get into the real world; he's out of the equation forever," she answers, a fierce smile filling her face. I can't help but reflect the feeling.

Vanessa did it! She dealt with Grey once and for all.

I pull her into an embrace, squeezing her tightly.

"You did it, Vanessa. You're incredible. I'm so proud of you," I whisper. The fact that I was out of that damned cell and reunited with Vanessa, who I'd missed more than anything, feels surreal.

"Hey, if you hadn't thought of Rico before you got locked up, we would never have found Celia," she says, pulling away and staring into my eyes. I've missed those emerald eyes that glow the way they do.

"I can't take any credit for this," I answer, raising an eyebrow. Vanessa smiles and keeps her mouth shut. Her eyes roam around the room, leaving her hands balled up in my shirt as if she's scared I'll slip away if she doesn't hold on.

"Celia would like to meet you," Vanessa says with a sigh. "But first, you need to take me back to that facility that you were in."

My eyes light up and I can feel my body shake slightly.

"W-why do we need to go back there?" I stammer, leaning in to hear her answer. It's as if she just asked me to dive back into a never ending nightmare I'd been living.

"We need to kill everyone there before we assume you're safe," Vanessa responds, her face grim, her tone dark.

Taking a deep breath, I grab her hand and raise my right one. Imagining appearing in the facility once more, I close my eyes. I can't watch this; I just can't watch myself go back to a place where I'd been locked for so long, but my mind knows I need to. A large part of me also wants revenge.

Our feet echo as we slam into the floor. I peel my eyes open. Just being back here brings horrid memories of being locked up flood back through my brain.