Bonus Chapter 2

A/N: I know it's been a long time, but I wanted to post another chapter for this on how their lives turned out (thank you, by the way, for everyone who has read it since I finished it; it's insane!).

Bonus Chapter Two:

Laughter rang out through the house. 

"He didn't," Vanessa said, her long hair sweeping across her face as she shook with laughter.

"I swear," I responded with a smile.

"He fell down two flights of stairs?" she asked, unable to contain her laughter.

"That he did."

"And then when he hit the bottom?"

"His pants ripped," I answered, chuckling myself.

"You're joking," she said. "You have to be! It's too good to be true."

I laughed and stood up from the kitchen table, moving toward the fridge.

"You should have been there," I said as I searched for a snack, fidgeting with the ring on my finger. "His face was the greatest thing I've ever seen. It was bright red. He looked like someone had shown him naked on TV."

This made Vanessa laugh even harder. I picked an apple out of a drawer and closed the fridge, going back to the table.

"He'd totally kill us if he heard us laughing about this."

"Definitely, but that doesn't mean it wasn't funny. I love him, but how can you not laugh at it when he didn't get hurt?" I said with a laugh.

"He's just the perfect person for it to happen to," Vanessa said. "Did you laugh when it happened?"

"No, I kept it in, but some of our co-workers were laughing their heads off," I answered with a smirk.

Vanessa rubbed her growing stomach absentmindedly.

"How long has he been married now?" The abrupt change in conversation caught me off guard for a moment, though the random new topics had been happening more often since she'd gotten pregnant.

"I think ten years. I think he's thirty-seven now," I responded.

"Ten years older than us." Vanessa nodded slowly. "Poor guy. I wish he'd learn not to worry about things like that."

She stood up and moved toward the fridge herself and I took a large bite out of the apple in my hand.

As she pulled open the fridge door the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," I said and pushed myself out of the chair and moved down the front hall. I pulled open the heavy front door and was greeted by a radiant smile.

"Hey, I wasn't expecting you!" I said, beckoning for him to come in. Tommy fixed his buzzed brown hair as he stepped into our house, kicking off his shoes and moving toward the kitchen.

"Who is it?" Vanessa called.

"Tommy," I answered. After the nightmare with Grey, I introduced the two of them and since then they'd become very good friends.

"Hey, how are you?" she asked with a smile as she bustled to him and hugged him. "It's been a while."

He nodded. "I've been good. Now, how's my godson?"

"Goddaughter," Vanessa corrected as he patted her large stomach awkwardly. "She's doing well."

"Nah, I won't believe it until I see him and know for sure whether he's a boy or a girl."

I rolled my eyes.

"You want anything to eat?"

"No, I was in the state so I figured I'd stop by."

"All right," I answered. "How've you been?"

"Good—busy with the new job, but doing well. And, uh, something else happened," he said excitedly, then pushed his ring finger out.

A silver band was pressed closely around his skin.

"You and Tasha are getting married?" I asked in disbelief. It felt like it had been years of them saying they loved one another but weren't ready.

"Congratulations!" Vanessa cried and then threw her arms around him again.

"Thanks. Soon we'll be just like you two," he said with a small laugh. "Sharing stories about our days at work. It'll definitely be different."

Vanessa rolled her eyes but laughed and Tommy said, "You know what? I think I'll take a beer if you have one."

"Coming right up," I said.

"Ryder, tell him what you were just telling me."

I repeated the brief tale as I retrieved a beer from the fridge and gave it to him. Tommy dissolved in a fit of laughter, his face turning bright red.

"His . . . pants . . .  ripped?" He managed to get out through his laughing. "That's gold. Pure gold."

And then he laughed some more.

The rest of the night passed like this and as I reflected on the day before going to bed, with Vanessa asleep in my arms, I realized something.

Though we had to pretend we weren't wizards and lead lives as close to normal as we could, we were happy.

Vanessa and I were finally happy.

~+ Uncontrollable +~

I know it's been a while and it's not really a good chapter, but I wanted to add it to show you that they were having a child and they finally reached a point in their lives where they felt happen and not burdened by their past.

Thanks for reading and I really hope you enjoyed it.

Also, Searching For Charlotte comes out in two days so be on the lookout for it!