"So tell me about her." I'm nosy as hell so I honestly want to know.

"She's my child's mother." He started as my eyes widened. I just wasn't expecting that, I'm a little shaken. I'm not gonna lie. "We're not together, we coparent mostly but sometimes you can't help but go back to what's familiar."

I assuming that last part of his statement was a reference to sex, rather than his relationship status. In which case, I don't blame her that child has a very strong neck, and he definitely knows how to use it. That reminds me why I'm here, let me be nicer. I'm really jeopardizing the dick I showed up here to get.

"Can I see a picture of her? Of your daughter?" Malakai's face light up at my request as he dug his phone out of his pocket, showing me his lock screen.

I was not expecting a literally baby. "She's adorable." I gushed, as he began to scroll through the multitude of photos he had in his gallery.

I felt my cold ass heart warm a little, watching him explain animatedly where each photo was taken and what they were doing. She's his entire world. That's exactly how I feel about Jayce-Lynn.

"Yeah, that's my babygirl." He smiled wide as he returned his phone to his pocket.

That definitely triggered a turning point in our night for me

That definitely triggered a turning point in our night for me. Surprisingly, I spent the rest of the evening indulging him in small talk as we ate our meal. I told him about med school, Gia and Brandt though I refrained from referring to them by name, and shared some vague details about my relationship with Beckham. He knew enough to be satisfied but the crumbs of information I provided him with ultimately equated to nothing personal. I learned much more about him, I learned about his Afro-Cuban ancestry, his older sister whom has a daughter the same age as his, apparently they're best friends and his secret hobby of playing guitar. He wanted to share so I listened, I'm not anti-social not rude, I was raised right.

"Shit." I glanced down at my watch, wishing I had budgeted my time better. Now I have to leave without even getting what I wanted.

"You have to go don't you? Let me pay the check and then I'll walk you out." He offered.

"Sounds good."

I didn't bother to fight over who would pay, I'm not that person, I didn't invite myself here. I did however insist that I would be the one to leave the tip. Just to let him know that I'm more than capable of providing for myself. I didn't pay the check but that doesn't mean I couldn't.

After everything was taken care of, I stood up from my seat. Allowing Malakai to take my hand as we walked out of the restaurant together. The action felt strangely intimate, because there was no real purpose behind it. He was holding my hand because he wanted to and for that reason alone.