7

It was Hope's first day at the Salvatore Boarding School. Everyone knew who she was because of her last name, and they knew of the history of what her family did to this town. To say the least she was having trouble making friends, let alone talking to anyone as they either ignore her or walk the other way. But she still manages to make some friends. Hope walked towards the study hall, meeting up with her new friends. She was texting her family, updating them on how her day was going so far when she bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going," Hope snapped, dropping to her knees to pick up the phone that she dropped. The person dropped to his knee as well, the papers and book he was carrying in his arms were now all over the floor.

"You bumped into me. How about you look up from your phone and watch where your going," Hope looked up to make another snarky comment, but froze once she saw who she bumped into.

"Your right, I'm sorry, I was texting my family," She started helping him collect his papers, "I'm Hope.'

"And I don't care," He snatched the papers out of her hands, got up, and left, not saying another word.

"That was rude," She mumbled, she made it to study hall and sat with her new friends and roommate. They were all laughing when Hope saw the guy she bumped into earlier.

"Who's that," She asked the girls wanting to know the boy's name. They all turned their heads to see who she was talking about.

"Who? Alex?" Karly asked, Hope, nodded, "Why?"

"We bumped into each other earlier, I was kinda rude and he was rude right back to me," Hope explained causing Tara to snort.

"I wouldn't let it bother you, Alex is a nice and sweet guy. He probably had a bad morning," Alyssa said, Hope, nodded again, staring at Alex, watching him study when a group of guys, including Mason, sat down at his table.

"What do you know about Mason?" She asked.

"Nothing really, just that Tara is in love with him," Karly teased and earned a punch n the arm.

"I"m not," She sneered, looking over her shoulder to see if he heard.

"Are so," The two girls sang.

"If you like him, why not just go talk to him," Hope said, causing the girl to scoff.

"Yeah right, and embarrass myself when he rejects me, no thank you. And besides he's never alone, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself further," Tara mumbled, flipping through her math textbook. "And besides he'll never go for a girl like me."

"Never say never," Hope said, she looked at the group of guys again, mainly looking at Alex who was laughing with Mason.

"We should go, class is about to start in a bit," Karly looked down at her watch and started packing up her stuff. The group of girls got up and passed the boy's table. Alex and Hope made eye contact, he quickly looked away, looking down at the papers in front of him.

"Okay then."
----

VOTE AND COMMENT