Chapter 1: Third Person

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Heals were clicking on the floor as the princess walked like a beauty queen on a pageant. Her dress was draped all around the floor lightly the gown was slit slightly, showing one of her legs as it was embellished with black gems partnered with some white ones. It suited the dark violet of her gown

Her blank eyes were directed straight on her path, not minding all the palace maids moving around her as they were told to set the dining room. That was until the mades moves in front of her with a set of utensils.

"Stop." She says, the two ladies immediately halting. She stares at the knives specifically, her eyes burning with want. She picks one of the silver knifes that was decorated with simple gold stripes, looking at the sharp blades. "What's this?" She asks, her voice brimmed with venom.

The maids were looking down, not knowing how to response with the princess. She was a scary lady. "It's t-the newly bought utensils from France." One of them saying, Daemi's lips curving onto a big smirk.

"It's mine now." She says, moving forward as she swayed the knife in her hand. She had this satisfied smile on her face as she traveled to her destinations, the two palace maids sighing relief as she walked out.

Daemi opens the door dramatically, catching the attention of the others inside the room. She continued to walk with sass, a huge smirk plastered at her face as she hid the knife behind her. If her mother knew she was collecting pointy things again she would get another scolding.

"Daemi!" The queen greets as the princess walks in, standing up to give her a hug.

Daemi's smirk got wider, greeting her mother with a hug with those same blank eyes. She stared at her two sisters as she did, the knife behind her draping all over her silk dress. "I'm happy to see you, mom."

The queen let goes with a chuckle, directing her to sit. In front of her was her two elder sisters. Hyemin who was the eldest and Minyoung who was reading a book. Unlike her, the two other princesses dressed a lot more simpler with only short dressed. Daemi likes to be over the top.

The tension was overwhelming inside the room. Too overwhelming for even their mother to stop. Daemi was staring at Hyemin intensely, Minyoung biting her lip as she tried to think of ways to stop the staring contest. The bystanders knew there was no way to stop Daemi.

"Hmm. What should I do?" Daemi murmurs, her blank and cold eyes staring at her elder sister. "It's always been a question in mind whether to attack or not."

Hyemin tries to smile, hiding the fact that she was scared of her younger sister. If Daemi wants something, she gets it. "Try to follow your guts, Dae. Maybe it actually tells you to do things better unlike your inexistent mind."

Daemi's smirk fades at her sisters remark yet comes back at an amused laugh. "I'm not a mirror, Unnie. Why don't you try to ask your mind a fee questions before asking me that? Oh! I forgot, you rather follow your heart."

Hyemin smile fades. Daemi really knows how to attack with her words. When Daemi speaks, she somehow looses her words. It was a moment of silence before Daemi laughs out loud, pretending to wipe her tears dramatically. "You're really one of the most amusing toys I've ever played with."

The queen was smiling. The smile was neither sad or happy. It was a smile of amusement at the two sisters. Her middle child was really standing strong. Too strong.

The door opens, the awkwardness somehow exiting the door as two heads peaked. Daemi faces the twins, her expression flat and blank. Even though the twins were exact copy of each, she never mistook them even when they were born.

"Babies! Come in!" The queen directs, the two girls immediately going inside. Daemi stares at their smile, noticing the difference that has always shown. One was smiling brightly while one had a small faint smile. Even though their smiles were drastically different, she was still jealous of them being able to smile.

The twins greets their mom with a hug, sitting down right after. "I successfully pulled Yooseol here, Mom. I have a gut feeling that your news would be important." Minseo, the youngest said, giggling as she pushed her mute sister down on the couch. The queen chuckles, liking their relationship.

Daemi couldn't laugh with them. Even if she wanted to, it would come out fake and sarcastic. A smile or a laugh has never been through if it comes to her. She rather not do it.

"It is. But first, why don't you girls update me about the life you did here while I was away for a week." Daeha, the queen, asks her daughters as she smiled at them. She was joyful that they were complete. "Oldest to youngest?"

Hyemin smiles elegantly, her lips curving up. Everything about her was elegant and it was breaking the guts of Daemi. She was such a headache. "It was fine. I mostly handled the goods as a huge calamity came 4 days ago. Many people were devastated."

With those few words, the queen averts her gaze to the second child. "I handled our engagement." Minyoung proudly says, raising her hand to show her engagement ring. She was happily in love.

Before the queen could even move her gaze, Daemi already spoke. "I roamed the city." She simply says, her facial expression blank. She was getting bored.

The queen's smile got wider as she averts her gaze to Yooseol. Daemi always impresses her with her answers. "I stayed in the castle and assisted workers." She signed, her movements light and clear.

The queen faced Minseo, the youngest's child radiating inside the room. She giggles before answering. "I visited the hospital. I want to be a doctor after Hyemin Unnie takes the throne. I would love to help people."

The queen laughs as all her daughter's finished talking, sitting back at the sofa more comfortably. The sofa inside the family room was luxurious yet comfortable. It was the one thing that Daemi loved.

"Speaking of the throne, I want to announce something important." She says, gazing at Daemi directly who was finally focused. Her tone was truly serious.

"I'm stepping down on the throne. Within three months, if possible, we would appoint a new queen. It could be anyone among you." She calmly says, as if it wasn't a shocking news. She was still healthy and smart, she could still continue years of working as queen.

"Yet I hope someone who's worth it takes the throne. It could be anyone." She continues, glancing at Daemi directly.

" She continues, glancing at Daemi directly

~End of Chapter 1~