Chapter 18: Soon

Daemi's POV

Daemi's POV

"Now we're onto our next destination." My man says as he buckles his belt up, his smiley face brightening up the whole aura. It was funny how he was touring me around the place I grew up on. I wonder if he had discovered places that I haven't within the few weeks that he's here.

"Make sure this one is good or else I'm leaving with the car." I blackmailed, still annoyed at the fact that he bought me to my former school. The place burst tons of memories I always wanted to forget. It was such a bad looking back. "And I'm serious about it this time, Sehun."

He chuckles, smoothly driving the car. He was such a great driver even though he was from a royal family. Most princes would make use of chauffeurs et he was independent. Compared to my 3 years experience of driving, he was 10x better.

"This is nice I promise." He swears, his eyes on the road. He lifts up his hand, making me look at it. He chuckles at my blank state, moving his open hand closer to mine. "Hand, love."

I furrowed my brows, slapping the palm he was offering simply making him laugh. What was I supposed to do? He continues to offer his palm at me, making me slap it hard again. If he wants something he should be clear. "Stop it, Sehun." I complained, my man laughing.

This time he smiles before taking my hand into his, intertwining our finger in a swift and smooth way. Oh. I sheepishly smiled, him resting our hands on his leg, caressing my small hand with his large one. "You should learn what couples do, love. And that should include pet names." He spats, lightly roasting me. "You can call me love too."

I shook my head, looking at my hand in his large ones. "I can think about the first statement but definitely not to the second one. I don't like pet names." I admitted, making him pout. He is such a pain in the but. "Stop with that stupid pout of yours, Sehun."

With that statement of mine, he pouts more making me frown. He was really testing this limit of mine. "Call me with an endearment first." He pleads, making me roll my eyes. I hate pouts. "I think Babe is fine."

Babe. That was what Yeol used to call me. I suddenly laughed out loud, making Sehun furrow his brows. "Babe is not an option, I guess." I murmured, enough for him to hear.

It's funny how a ten year friendship broke in a few days. It's also somewhat funny how we were living in the same building yet were like on two different planets. We went to this island all happy and now it's the total opposite. He's gone from my hold now.

I faced Sehun, smiling at him dearly. I have this man now. Maybe it is worth it. "Love it is then." I see his ears turn red, his lips curving up into a shy smile. I can't understand his duality and never will be able to.

"You don't like babe?" He asks, seems to be interested at my sudden change of mind because of the word babe. I should tell him sometimes that curiosity kills. "I think it's cuter than the one you chose." He was trying to get me spill with that convincing voice of his. Don't fall for it.

"I like Love better. Deal with it or no pet names." I spat, making sure he would never get a comeback. He was silent, a pout again on his face. I giggled, now facing the window.

The weather was perfectly cloudy for a date, it was not warm nor not chilly. 3 weeks passed by so quickly and now we're left with 1 week here in the island. It would take another year to visit. When you sit and stare at a clock, you find time slow and boring. Once you wake up the next day, you'll realize time is walking by fast.

So is time slow or fast? I asked myself, a small smile forming.

I don't know if I was being sentimental today but I keep asking questions in my mind that I can't answer. Human loves to do those things. They love to test their own limits even if it is sometimes possible. I also did that when I was young.

I took the knife I sneaked in earlier from my pocket, holding it at my free hand and hiding it from my boyfriend. How is he now? Is he still hanging around her? Does he still think of me?

I just can't get Chanyeol out of my mind.

🔮

"Close your eyes, love. We're near." Sehun says, making me groan yet naturally following his instructions. These surprises make him happy and who was I to spoil him. It's my job as the girlfriend to do so. "Good girl." he says, seeing me follow the instructions.

The ride wasn't that long yet it was already 5 in the afternoon. The 20 minutes in school turned into 2 and a half hours as this man kept wanting to know more. He even visited the faculty asking about me. He was the real definition of nosy.

I feel the car come to a stop, the initiative of opening eyes blooming more and more. I hate suspense like these. It makes my hear beat undeniably fast and it was not in a good way. "Hurry." I said, wanting to speed things up.

He guides me as we walk, making sure to keep my eyes shut by placing one of the hands on top of mine. It was a double cover, I can't even peak if I wanted to. All I could feel was the fresh and cool breeze, signaling that this may either be an open place or a high place. I could feel my feet slightly sink at the ground, the floor either being a soft soil or even sand.

"Now open your eyes." Sehun says, removing my hands from the covering. Making me immediately open my eyes. I blinked a few times, adjusting myself from the sudden light.

I smiled, my sight immediately covered with my boyfriend's smiley face. He was in joy, making me look around. "I can't believe you bought me to the coast again." I murmured, looking at the scenery.

Sehun chuckles, looking at the horizon together with me. "We'll be leaving soon. We need to recall everything before doing so." I smiled at his words, wrapping my arms around him.

"Everything happened so soon."

I hope we'll last more than soon, love.

~End of Chapter 18~