Chapter 11: Being Welcomed Home

You slowly woke, smiling softly when you remembered where you were, in Klaus' bed, you slid out of the bed and grabbed your clothes before taking this time alone to take a quick shower. You were drying your hair when you heard someone enter the room, "Glad to see you are alive and well [Y/F/N].", the voice stated, you looked to see that it was Marcel, you formed a friendship with him as he came to accept that Klaus was going to be in charge of New Orleans for a very long time, Davina had insisted you two to become friends, at first the friendship seemed impossible until he saved your life years ago when you both fought some rogue vampires. You smiled big at him, "Marcel.", you squealed before running over to him and pulled him into a hug, he chuckled when you pulled away, "Davina explained to me what happened and what you did. I am sorry for what did happen, and I am happy you are home friend."

You nodded to him when Rebekah entered the room, "[Y/F/N] will you come downstairs, my brothers need to show you something, and there is someone who wants to meet you.", she told you, her and Marcel led you downstairs. You gasped when you reached the top of the staircase, you saw that there were now Christmas decorations hung up and even a tree, tears formed in your eyes, "Wow.", you whispered under your breath as you made your way down the stairs. Your arrival was met with the gazes of Klaus, Elijah, Cami and someone you had never met before. "Welcome home Little One.", Elijah leaned down to kiss your cheek when you approached the four, "Did you do this?", you wiped your eyes. "We all did.", you heard Kol say from behind you, "We know that Christmas is your favorite holiday, so we decided to do this as a small welcome home party for you.", Klaus added.

"Cami.", you smiled at the blonde bartender from Rosseau's, she had became your friend before your transition after you saved her life one night, she was soon included in girl's night with Rebekah and Davina. You pulled her into a quick hug, she had been brought into the plan for this party when Rebekah explained everything after your return. You pulled away from Cami and faced the woman you didn't know, "This is our long lost sister Freya.", Klaus explained to you, "Pleasure to meet you Freya.", you said to her politely, she smiled and nodded, "Pleasure is all mine. My brothers have told me about you."

"All good thing I hope.", you chuckled softly, you looked around the room, taking in the smiles of everyone there, tears filled your eyes once again. You were finally home and it felt good, all memories of past pain were now gone, "Thank you all so much, this means so much to me.", you thanked everyone, Davina, Marcel and Cami all smiled and nodded at you. Kol, Klaus and Elijah took there place beside you, you were handed a glass of wine, "It feels so good to be home. All of you are my home, my friends, my family.", you said emotionally. Each brother placed a soft kiss on your cheeks before leaving the room, explaining they had one more surprise for you.

You conversed with Freya while you waited for their return, "I didn't mean to cause so much pain when I left.", you admitted to her sadly, she shook her head at your statement, "[Y/F/N] it was never your fault, they were in pain from the pain they caused you. They could never accept it was not their fault, I tried so hard to make them believe.", she assured you. "I never stopped loving them while I was away, that love for them helped me get through that pain. It has always been 'always and forever' with them, and I am happy that I have become part of this family.", you explained to her.

Your conversation was interrupted when the brothers returned, each had a present in their hands, "Oh you didn't have to do that.", you told them, they just smiled and shook their heads, "We wanted to. It only seemed fitting with your return.", Kol stated as he handed you his gift. You thanked him before opening the gift, you gasped softly when your eyes fell upon the simple jeweled bracelet, the stones glowed softly when you placed it on your wrist, "Davina spelled it so no witch can ever do any harm against you or us ever again.", he explained, "It's beautiful, thank you Kol.", you stood up and placed a kiss on his lips, you finally turned to his brothers, Klaus stepped forward to hand you his gift, from the size of it you knew exactly what it was.

You slowly took the wrapping paper off the gift, smiling big when you saw the same portrait that you saw earlier that day, a smile grew across your face, "It's beautiful Nik.", you told him, you did exactly as you told him you would do, pretended to be surprised when you saw it. He smiled as he placed a soft kiss upon your lips, placing one more on your forehead before you turned to Elijah. He handed you three small pieces of papers folded, you opened them to see words scrawled on the page, the first page read;

"I’ll be the warrior to fight for our love;
We’ll fly together, fly higher than the dove.
I’ll be your wall and shield you from danger;
I’ll take all the pains, for to me they are no stranger.
You’ll be the queen in the kingdom of my heart;
And then I’ll be the king, so we’ll never be apart.
You’ll be my majesty— I will serve you forever;
And for all of the times, I will leave you never."

It was signed with Kol's name, you bit your lip softly as you read the second poem;

"I love your lips when they’re wet with wine
And red with a wild desire;
I love your eyes when the Lovelight lies
Lit with a passionate fire.
I love your arms when the warm white flesh
Touches mine in a fond embrace;
I love your hair when the strands enmesh
Your kisses on my face."

This poem was signed with Elijah's name. Tears filled your eyes once more as you got to the last one, sighing softly as the words read;

"Until you came into my world,
there was nothing but darkness and gloom.
My world was missing the clouds and the sun,
and also the stars and the moon.
I never believed in magic,
but you just appeared from thin air.
I thought I would only be lonely in life,
but now I’m a complete a pair.
You make me who I am at this point,
mold me in every way.
There’s not a precious moment,
where I do not want to give you my entire day.
The passion between us is strong,
ferocious to those that see.
The feelings that are shared between us.
Me for you and you for me."

A single tear fell when you saw Klaus' name at the bottom, "These are all so beautiful, I love them.", you gasped when you looked up from the papers to see all three of them on one knee before you, Elijah holding up a ring in his hand before you. You heard a few gasps of surprise and happiness from the females, "[Y/F/N], you have made us three so happy.", Elijah spoke, "And you changed us, for the better.", this time Klaus spoke, "When you are with us, you are the only one we see.", Kol then spoke. You had your hands over your mouth, "We have wanted this for a long time, when we thought we lost you and then you returned, it made us realize we don't want to live without you.", Elijah spoke again.

You sobbed happily because you knew what they were asking, "Will you marry us?", Kol asked, you brought your hands away from your mouth, "Yes!  A million times yes!", you answered, nodding your head happily. Your friends clapped as Elijah slid the finger onto your ring finger before the brothers stood up and enveloped you in a hug, each kissing you. You wiped your eyes, looking down at the ring before smiling up at them, "It's beautiful.", you giggled as the brothers let you go. Davina, Rebekah, Cami and Freya crowded around you happily, you excitedly showed them the ring with a big smile, each of them hugged and congratulated you as Marcel joined the men, he congratulated them.

You all spent the night sharing stories, laughing and enjoying each others company. You got to know Freya a bit more and her story, the night was coming to an end, Marcel, Cami and Davina left, leaving you and the Mikaelsons alone. The brothers groaned softly when Rebekah suggested they do the tradition they had done long ago, bringing you and Freya into it. You each wrote down a wish on a piece of paper before burning it, you all stood by the fire, Klaus and Elijah holding one of your hands, and Kol had his arms wrapped around your waist from behind, his chin resting on your shoulder, you smiled at them all, "I just want to thank all of you for being here, and I am so happy to be a part of this family.", you told them truthfully, "Of course Mrs. Mikaelson.", Kol said from his place behind you, Elijah and Klaus squeezed your hands gently.

You giggled softly, "Mrs. Mikaelson. I like the sound of that.", everyone laughed with you, "Welcome to the family [Y/F/N].", Freya said with a warm smile. Freya and Rebekah left you and their brothers alone as you watched the fire burn, your eyes went to the sky as you noticed small snowflakes fall from the sky, making you smile more and giggle. You spent the rest of the night talking with the brothers until you fell asleep in Kol's arms, they ended up falling asleep in the room with you, not really wanting to move you. You had never felt happiness like this before in your life, the Mikaelson brothers made you happy and you were their's for eternity, and they were happy with you, happy that you were their's.