Chapter 6: News of Your "Death" [Niklaus]

Klaus was in his room when he overheard Rebekah break the news to Elijah about you, just like his brothers, he remembered everything from that day, how you dragged the two human girls from him and Kol, your pain and you snapping his neck at the end of it. He was the last to be broken from the curse, usually he would have gone on a killing spree to help him forget his pain and get back at the witches for it, but he had spent his time in his room, painting and drinking. You had been in his light, you had seen him for him and loved him despite how he was and how he acted, you made him see good, you had fought alongside him and his brothers.

He stood in the middle of the room, letting a tear slide down his cheek, his pain was palpable. Him and his brothers hadn't spoken to each other much since you left, you had become the glue to the family, the one who settled arguments and the one who helped him keep everyone in line. You had impressed him from the moment he had seen you that night in the courtyard, and impressed him even more after your transformation, you had become like him, a hybrid and you were feared just as much as his family. Your love was 'enough' for him, and for his brothers.

He was angry and he was in pain, this caused him to snap, grabbing the canvas he had been painting on and threw it across the room. He swiped his arm through the jars and cups filled with paints and brushes onto the floor, he knew you wouldn't want him to lash out at anyone, and even though you were 'gone', he was going to respect your wishes, you were the one that tamed the beast, you reeled him in whenever he got too close to the edge, and he was so grateful for you and for your love. The tears fell more as his eyes landed on a portrait he had painted of you, "I'm sorry [Y/F/N].", he said aloud in the empty, trashed room to your portrait.