Chapter 2: Pure Heartache

[Warning: Angst]

It had been about six months since you came across the information of Ragnarok, you and Davina spent countless hours going over every bit of information in the journals and books, taking breaks to spend time with the brothers. You were thrown for a loop when Niklaus decided to undagger Rebekah, things started off rough between the two of you when she returned, things would have gotten out of hand if the brothers didn't step in to stop you two from ripping each other apart. You purposely avoided her when you could for a while before she finally came to terms with the fact that each of her brothers loved you and you loved them. She wasn't overly fond of you for a while, but she was civil towards you when you were both in the same room together.

But no one would know of the things that would happen in the following days, you were about to experience the most painful thing in your life and it would cause you to make a choice that would affect everyone. No one knew that the witches were planning something that would affect you in the worst way possible.

You had taken a day off from research with a shopping trip with Rebekah, you shared the story of how you had transitioned, how the witches tried to turn you against her brothers, you repeated the same thing you told the brothers, that you would rather die than be used against them. Rebekah doubted you at first, but seeing how they were happy with you, made her realize that you were there with good intentions. You and her eventually did grow closer, she enjoyed your attitude and how you handled yourself when there was a threat , she eventually considered you a sister. The bond you two shared was one you never had before since you were an only child.

You spent the day with Rebekah and invited Davina out with the two of you for a girls night out, you were happy to have friends that accepted you for you and understood you. It was around midnight when you all made your way back to the compound, stopping in your tracks when you heard moans and grunting, your heart sank as you realized there were both female moans and male grunts. You and Rebekah shared a look before making your way to the source of the noises, you heart jumped into your throat when you walked into the living room, Elijah, Kol and Klaus were with three women, a brunette with Elijah, his hands and mouth all over her, she saw you and smirked, her eyes flashing yellow, werewolf. Then there were two human females with Klaus and Kol, your body was filled with anger as you rushed and grabbed both of the human females by the hair and dragged them to the courtyard.

Rebekah and Davina had a look of shock and disgust on their faces as they followed behind you, you ignored the screams of the females as you threw them to the ground. Your eyes flared bright blue, "GET OUT!", you roared at them, they squeaked and and ran out of the compound. You turned and were faced with the brothers, Davina and Rebekah by your sides, "What the fuck?!", you screamed at them, they looked at you with no emotion, you turned to the female beside Elijah, "And who the fuck are you?" She smirked at you, "Hayley, seems like me and Elijah are back together.", hot tears filled your eyes, "Face it [Y/F/N], you just aren't enough for us anymore.", Kol said with a shrug.

Your face fell, feeling your heart shatter at the words, you heard Rebekah growl before she was suddenly behind him, his neck snapped and fell to the ground in a heap, Elijah made a move towards his sister for attacking Kol, Davina held out her hand towards him, he and Hayley fell to their knees clutching their heads before snapping their necks, you knew Elijah would be back, but you were hoping Hayley was dead. This caused Klaus to charge towards you, you moved out of his way quickly before kicking him in the back, sending him into the wall, black veins formed under your eyes as they changed, your fangs bared in a snarl. You jumped onto Klaus' back before he could stand, he growled as you grabbed his head with both hands and giving a sharp turn.

You stood up, your whole body shaking with anger and heartache, "I need to go.", you rushed out of the compound. You found yourself just outside of the city, you finally fell against an abandoned building, your emotions finally taking over, sobs wracked you to the point where you rolled into a ball. Your whole world shattered and the pain was too much, your head actually hurt from crying so hard and so much. You must have fallen asleep because were shaken awake, you went to defend yourself before you saw that it was Rebekah, "Bekah?", your voice hoarse from crying. She had a pained look on her face as she looked at you, "I am so sorry [Y/F/N].", her bottom lip trembled, she pulled you into hug.

You sobbed into her shoulder, she stroked your hair, consoling you, "It hurts so much.", you whispered. Davina finally found you, seeing you broken down in Rebekah's arms made her heart break for you, she knelt down beside the two of you, softly rubbing your back, "I'm so sorry.", she consoled you. "I have to leave New Orleans, I can't stay here. If I see them, I am afraid I'll kill them. And I can't do that to you Bekah, they're your family.", you admitted to them, they both nodded in understanding, "You're my family too [Y/F/N].", Rebekah spoke softly, "Whatever you need to do, do it. I'll stay here and keep them from going after you."

You nodded before standing up, "I'm going back home for a while, back to Texas. I need to be there." Both of the females hugged you tightly, "Thank you both, for everything. Don't be afraid to visit me.", you let out a sobbing laugh, them laughing and sobbing with you. You couldn't bring yourself to go back and get your stuff, so you decided to hitchhike your way back home. Your mother was upset when you explained what had happened, you were also afraid to tell her about what you had become, but she accepted it rather easily, your were her daughter and she loved you no matter what.