Chapter 4: News of Your "Death" [Elijah]

It had been a few days since Rebekah left to try to find you, Elijah knew that you wouldn't want to see or speak to him after that day. As soon as the curse was broken, his heart broke as he remembered everything, how you looked when you found him and Hayley, his ex, together. He would never forget the look of pain in your eyes when Kol spoke the way he did. You were hurt to the point where you had taken it out on him and his brothers, they had all agreed they deserved having their necks snapped by you, Davina and their own sister.

Elijah was the first to receive the news of your "death" from Rebekah. Rebekah was finally back at the compound, she had received a call from Davina, Elijah found her crying with her phone up to her ear, concern was etched into his facial features when she ended the call, "What is it?", he began to worry as Rebekah sobbed. "[Y/F/N] is dead. She was killed by a hunter. Davina just received the news.", she explained to Elijah. Elijah felt his heart drop and shatter, you were gone and he would never get a chance to make things right with you. You were his world and now you were gone from it completely.

He couldn't stop the tears that had began to form in his eyes, a few fell as he tried to keep it together, he had to keep it together for his brothers, because he knew how Klaus was going to react with this news, him and his brothers all loved and adored you. And they hurt you deeply, they broke your heart, Elijah felt the worst as he promised you that he would never break your heart like the last person you were with had done, he promised you that he was going to mend your heart. It was supposed to be 'always and forever' with you, even his brothers made that same promise.

Something in Elijah snapped, he roared out in in anguish, flipping the table in the courtyard, tears continued to fall when he finally fell to his knees, his body shook as he sobbed out. Rebekah approached him slowly, she knelt beside him and pulled him into her, hugging him tightly as they both cried, their pain unbearable. Elijah couldn't stop thinking about the last time he had seen you, and it wasn't a good memory at all. Him and his brothers had sworn to make things right, but now he couldn't and it killed him so much.