Chapter 142: The Reawakening (EP. 09)

▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄

                       :  𝐓 𝐇 𝐄 
          𝐑 𝐄 𝐀 𝐖 𝐀 𝐊 𝐄 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆 🌀

𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊 - 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌

▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄

"Don't look so much... He'll notice before we even know it," Aiden scowled down to the helpless boy whose ankle continuously bleeds, "Heaven knows what he can do."

"Then what should we do?" Elsa hissed under her breath. Aiden gripped Hellwrath once more before clarifying, "This curse of his cannot break so easily... He tried for so many years, yet to no avail."

"By his own will, you say..." Elsa pondered, "Aiden, I might have the correct, possible idea that can work. I am a bit unsure, but I just think that it can because the curse isn't as strong as he claim it to be."

"DON'T YOU DARE!" The runaway tried to, but one painful but guilty stomp of Aiden's booted foot halted his action. The fire king rolled his eyes and scoffed at the inner demon's bellow.

"Well, what do you know," Elsa smirked in satisfaction, "He thinks the way I think, too. Sadly, you just finalized that my guess isn't entirely wrong, after all."

"And what is this idea of yours?" The King of Arendelle raised a curious brow.

The ice queen sagged to her knees and laid a cold hand on the grip of the fallen blade before fully recovering it from the ground, blinking at the massive steel and the light weight it possessed.

Forged on the fuller of the sword is the word ‘Destroy’ and its font seemed like it was carved by Kangree himself with a dagger, judging by the triangular penmanship.

The Ignaeran Prince's sword doesn't look like the usual shape of what the Royal Guard use.

Its blade is slightly curved, and it looked less decorated. It doesn't have a cross guard and a pommel, either. A strange weapon indeed.

And without warning, Elsa swung the katana through a thin thread affiliated to Kangree's wrist. Her assumption of the thread recovering after being well cut came into her mind, but she wouldn't know if she haven't tried.

For once, she was happy she assumed wrong. The thread fell like a numb string and dispersed into the air like it was never there before.

Kangree instantly stilled and froze at the odd sensation of a limb being freed.

"It worked!" The couple simultaneously spoke in success.

"H-how..." Kangree mumbled in frustration.

"So this curse is simple once it is figured out," Aiden breathed, "It would seem like it was done by Kangree's will if we used his sword to cut those threads."

"I can't believe we're cleaning up somebody else's mess," Elsa folded her arms not so fondly.

"It's not really his disaster," Aiden chuckled, "He wanted none of this, and we've come this far on figuring out how to break the curse. Let's not whine so adorably now, shall we?"

Elsa glared at him by the sound of the word adorable, but it only intensified how cutened Aiden is by that adorable frown.

"We shall," She earnestly responded, before lifting up her arm which wields the queer sword.