Chernobyl

Audioslave- Moth (Instrumental cover)

April 26, 1986

Event: Pryp'yat' City in Ukraine

Population: 49,360+

Location: Pripyat hospital

The white  floor of the halls reflected the shadows of the panicked staff. Ear bursting sirens bursted the clouded sky's from above the hospitals building.

The evacuation had begun.

While the halls were filled of the screaming and confused patients that have already been exposed of the radiation. Elena a woman who worked at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant  was exposed to the leak.

She was a security officer for the Nuclear Plant and had to stay behind to aid everyone to an exit.

Elena held in more fear for her own safety than anyone elses. It's selfish but while she is pregnant she carries more than one responsibility. 

Though she managed to be evacuated along with the others it wasn't long until she began to feel symptoms. Coughing out blood and skin rashes were the toughest to hide during the evacuation.

For fear of losing her 9 month old baby she managed to threaten surgeons into performing a life C-section.

One in which she had to bear the excruciating pain of feeling her skin being spread apart. "It's a miracle you have managed to stay concious this long with how poor your health is."

The surgeon spoke in Russian while he cut the connection between mother and baby. But it was at the very moment when the connection was cut that Elena had realised her purpose in life. 

Her mouth opened slightly as her pupils dilated it's as if learning her purpose has lead her to a different way of life.

A life that she had to give away and could never have the chance to experience it's beauty as it grows. The surgeon held the girl by the leg slapping her butt. "Hmm.." he made a concerned look as the nurses gazed down at the baby. "She, she's not crying." 

The surgeon looked down into the baby girls eyes as she nibbled at at her thumb with her gums. "Come look at this." The Dr shows his wife, life is tough for him. It's tough because the woman laying in bed dying is his sister. 

"It's as if she knew exactly what I was saying." The brother said marveling at the child.

Your eyes gazed at both adults. Elena still faintly breathing looks up to see you her new born daughter in the arms of her brother.

"Let me see her, Alexander."

Her brother's green eyes looked down to his sister as he leaned in to pass her. As Elena reached out with her hand she just managed to hold the small hand of her daughter. 

A tear streamed down Elena's face as she smiled before leaning back and feeling her last breath of air leave. At that moment you felt a great sadness one that consumed the very liking of your nature.

A cry so fears that it let out a bursting radiation light. The radiation had mutated your genes successfully awakening and evolving your stand.