13.

21/5/1987

I sigh tiredly as I plop on my bed.
I haven't talked to her since prom. I'm not ready yet, anyway. I mean, I don't even know how I should act around her anymore. I was this close to telling her how I feel. And now?

"Gilbert! Dinner's ready!" My aunts voice startles me.

"Coming!" I shout back.

I take a deep breath and force myself to stand up.

I know that I'm supposed to be supportive. And under different circumstances, I would be. I want her to be happy, in all honesty. I just can't grasp the idea of having to witness her being all lovey dovey with this douchebag. Besides, it'd be twice as hard..

I'm in love her, so I'd be kidding my own self..

22/5/1987

Today's been absolutely dull without her. It's been so weird for me.. having to avoid her.

I thank god we have barely two classes together this year.

"Gil!" I hear someone yell as I head for my last period. I turn around to be met by two icy orbs and a mess of blonde bouncy locks.

"Hey, Josie." I respond as the girl approaches me.

I'm not her biggest fan but she's not as bad as she seems. Besides, I've been by myself all day, I could use some company.

"What do you have this period?" She asks as we walk down the hallway.

"Geometry with mr Philips." I say. She groans beside me.

"Ugh, god, me too." She responds.

We all have favorite and least favorite teachers, but Phillips has got to be the worst for everyone.

"Anyway, um.. I was wondering if we could sit together, maybe? Jane is sick so I'm all alone." She says.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I say nonchalantly.

"Cool." She responds as we walk into our classroom.

We decide to sit in the back and we talk  for a bit.

A few minutes pass and, all of sudden, there she is, standing by the door.

Crap, how could I have forgotten we have geometry together?

Her worried eyes scan the room until they land on mine. She seems.. relieved. However, shock takes over her features once she notices the girl seated next to me. She blinks a couple times and heads for the front row.

She doesn't dare to turn around.

"Good morning class" Mr Philips says as he enters the classroom.

I know she wants to.

"Open your textbooks on page 25." He goes on. I don't move. Neither does she..

But she doesn't and she won't.

It's gonna be a long darn week..