5.

It seems like a million years had to pass for Monday to arrive, but it finally did.

I keep wondering if she's going to be at school today. I've decided that, If I see her today, I'll gather up some courage and go up to her.

"Hey, um, I wanted to tell you that you were incredible when you recited that poem in English last week, our classmates are just morons. By the way, I'm really sorry for being all rude the first day we met, I really didn't mean to." I'll say. I mean, I hope I will. I'm really not that good at expressing my thoughts as neatly as I want to. I get all nervous and I mess it up.

When I arrive at school I still have some time to spare, so I take my history notebook out of my bag and take a look at my notes.

The bell rings and I rush to put it back in the bag. I start walking towards my classroom.

When I get there I stop on my tracks right in front of the door. I look to the seat next to mine. Empty.
Well, I guess she's not com-

"Would you like to move, some time today maybe?" She says behind me. I instantly make some room for her to enter the room.

"I-" I start saying but she's already seated, a desk right next to mine. I swallow unsure.

I walk towards my desk and let my bag fall to the ground. I sit down and look down at my lap. I take a deep breath and turn around to look at her. She's not looking at me.

Right when I'm about to talk, our teacher walks in, holding a bunch of papers.

"Ok class, today we're having a brief test on your last year's curricula on history. I want to make sure we can easily and smoothly move on to the rest." He says. Then, he starts giving out papers.

•••

After approximately 25 minutes I give my paper back to the teacher. It wasn't as hard as I expected so I finished pretty early.

I return back to my seat and look at the clock. 20 minutes for recess.
I hear a chair being moved from beside me.

She gets up, gives her paper to the teacher and sits back down.
It's my chance to actually talk to her but she refuses to look my way.
I sigh and look right in front of me.

•••

The bell rings and my classmates instantly get up. When I look up, she's already heading for the door.

Nope, I'm not gonna let her ignore me.
Not today.

I pack my things and rush to the hallway. I immediately spot her and start jogging towards her.

"Hey" I say. She doesn't even flinch.

"Hey, wait." I repeat. Still nothing.

Come on do something, make her turn around, say something, just say something, anything, ANYTHI-

"Carrots!" I spit out. What?
She slowly turns around. She finally looks into my eyes. Only she looks furious.

She approaches me and stops barely an inch away from my nose.

"What did you say?" She says lowly. Oh my god.
Undo it undo it undo it undo it-

Before I can think of anything, a hard-covered notebook hits me across the face. What the fuck?!

———————————————————— it's here, y'all, the famous shirbert scene with a few changes, how we feelin'?☺️✋