11.

(A/n: Y'all I've been trying to find out if Gil has a middle name, from the original book series, but he doesn't so I figured I should give him one myself lol. Anyway that's all I had to say children, stay safe😤👌)

19/5/1987

"Gilbert Jonathan Blythe!" I hear her say the second I enter our school's auditorium. The dreaded day of prom, aka her being all couple-y with king douchebag, has arrived. You can obviously sense my excitement.

"Hey, what are you middle naming me for?" I ask her chuckling.
When I take a better look of her, I instantly regret it.
Crap.

How can a person be so fucking beautiful and be so oblivious to it?
She has her hair up on a tight bun, some curly strands freed on purpose just to frame her perfect face.
Her dress.. She's wearing an emerald green dress that reaches just above her knees. It has a fitted bodice, hugging her torso ever so elegantly, and a flaring skirt. She looks just like a fairy.

"..And I thought you would never come! Trust me if you hadn't, I would sure as hell kick your ass and- Dude, are you okay?" She suddenly asks and that's when I realize how long I'd been starring at her. Nice work Blythe.

"Uh yeah, sorry." I say quietly. I avoid making eye contact as much as I can.

"You've been a lot like this lately.. You sure nothings up?" She asks again, her voice soft as it gets. I might faint. Like, seriously, I might collapse right in front of her.

"I'm just tired, I guess." I respond weakly. I can practically sense her eyes scanning my face. She then takes a step back and takes a look of me. I somehow feel more exposed than ever.

"Why, you look fancy tonight, don't you?" She says. Even though I weren't too excited about tonight, I thought I could wear my tuxedo for once. It hasn't been worn in forever and my aunt always complains what a shame that is.

"I could say the same for you." I say trying to sound more playful than nervous. It must be working as she giggles.

"Gilbert, I actually need to tell you-"

Before she can finish her sentence, Roy walks up to us only to wrap an arm around her exposed shoulders. I swear to god-

"Hello Blythe." He says playfully.

"Hey." I say flatly.

"I see you've been taking good care of my girlfriend for me, which I greatly appreciate. But don't worry, the burden is all mine now." He says and then kisses her cheek. I don't dare to look at her.

His what now?

That's it, I can't do this. Not now, not ever. It's just too much for me right now.

"I, uh.. Imma go grab something to drink." I say shakily and then I hurry to the other side of the room.

I know she's looking at me. Of course she is..

————————————————————
Hey y'all I'm not dead lol, but guess what, I'll be updating a lot these days cause I'm in mood mkay see ya😳😚👌.