Li Juan (timidly): I understand, father...

Wang QinZheng (sighing): I need to go now... I can't stay too long and let my father be suspicious...

Me: I'll be sure to send you word as soon as I can, my prince... Li Juan, send the prince off...

As I watched my daughter and the prince walk out, I couldn't help but wonder if I had made the right choice. Was it right to side with the seventh prince? He doesn't seem too smart or trustworthy...

The door opened and I looked up to see my first daughter, Li Lien, walk in with her main maid, who was holding a pot and a cup. She smiled sweetly and said, "Your daughter guessed that father might be tired and bought some tea to calm his mind." She picked up the pot, gracefully poured a cup of tea, and handed it to me, which I accepted gratefully.

" She picked up the pot, gracefully poured a cup of tea, and handed it to me, which I accepted gratefully

Li Lien was my pride. She was the smartest of all my daughters and the disciple of a famous alchemist. She was only seventeen. Whereas my other daughters, who were fourteen (fifth daughter), sixteen (second and third daughter), and fifteen (fourth daughter), are nothing special or completely useless... The only one I can rely on is Li Lien.

Even though she is of marriageable age, she yearns for the third prince, and as soon as he returns, I plan to ask the king for his blessing to wed them off. At least then, I will also have the support of the third prince and his army.

Me (sighing): Ah Xiao Lien, I was just wondering if I made a mistake choosing to side with Wang QinZheng...

(A/N: Chinese people usually add Xiao () in front of one's name to close friends or family members... (Somewhat similar to the Japanese '-chan' and '-kun'...))

Li Lien (coming behind and massaging the shoulders): Father, personally, I feel that the seventh prince is not worthy of us standing by him. The only way he can ever be king is if he has the crown in his hand. I feel that you are better off siding with one of the other, more reliable princes...

Me (sighing): Yes but your sister says she threw it away...

Li Lien: And what do you think, father?

Me: I don't know what to think... She could have hidden it somewhere but the possibility that she actually threw it still exists. I will be sending my secret guards to check her room while she sleeps. And maybe have some servants hunt for it among the trash.

Li Lien: And if nothing turns up, you could always turn to the support of the third prince, your future son-in-law...

Me (sighing as I kept down my empty tea cup): I guess you are right...

Third Person's POV

In the darkness of the night, five shadows flew from tree to tree and into the Willow Residence. The two maids had heeded their master's word and had turned in for the night and there wasn't a single soul in the courtyard.

The main guards signaled for the others to head to the many rooms and search for the object they were seeking. One entered the maids' quarters, another two went from room to room, and the last looked through the garden for any place that had been disturbed in any way...

The main guard silently jumped through an open window and into the room where the fifth miss was fast asleep. He got to work as soon as he placed a small piece of cloth right under the nose of the sleeping girl. He started opening cupboards and drawers, searching under the beds, behind paintings, and even hunting for false compartments. He didn't leave even a single corner unturned and yet he could not find the object anywhere. Hearing the girl stir in her sleep, he quickly looked at her before jumping out of the room and meeting up with the other guards. Nothing...

Together, they left the way they came, unseen and unheard by anyone, leaving behind no evidence of their visit or search. They landed at their lord's residence and informed him about their failure to find the object. A crash was heard as the paranoid minister overturned a table in his anger.

Back at the willow residence, Li Yǔ opened her eyes and rose from her bed with a smirk on her face. She had expected their arrival and had already considered that they'd try to drug her and had taken an antidote ahead of time... She watched silently as the man went through her room and even considered killing all five of them but then she thought it would be better if the news went back to her dear father after all.

Li (smiling): You must be feeling so annoyed right now, mustn't you? But don't worry, my dear father; this is not even the tip of the iceberg... I have a lot in store for this house. And let's not forget the seventh prince too...