Chapter 8

I had just had a call from my landlord telling me I needed to move out of my flat by next month. What the hell was I going to do? I didn't have enough money to move anywhere else in London and I was on tour right now! I might have to quit the only job I've ever had that I liked because my dickhead of a landlord was making me move out.

"Scheisse!" I shouted to myself out of frustration.

"Ava? Are you ok? I don't speak German but that sounded bad" Tara asked me before hugging me gently, I didn't answer but just hugged her tight and started crying out of frustration. Tara didn't question me any further, she just hugged me back and rubbed my back gently.

"Tara? Ava?" I heard my favourite voice ask me, again, I didn't turn to look up at him or let go of Tara. Warm, strong arms wrapped around my shoulders from behind me, so I was in a Niall and Tara sandwich. After a few minutes, Tara let go of me and started to walk away slowly as she had work to do before Niall went on stage that night. I turned around in Niall's arms so I was facing him and buried my face in his chest, after a while I felt Niall's shirt becoming wet from my tears and he must've noticed as he gently pulled away and took my face in his hands and brushed his calloused thumbs across my cheeks, wiping away my tears gently. When I looked up at him, he had a fond, though slightly sad, smile on his face and his warm blue eyes were sparkling in the light of the dressing room.

"What's wrong my love? You can tell me anything, you know that right?" Niall asked me with a serious look on his face, and I knew I could and I knew he would listen and give me the best advice he could but this was embarrassing, Niall didn't know what it was like not to have money, he had been a multimillionaire since he was 16. However, the concerned look on his face made me want to tell him everything.

"My landlord just called me and said I needed to move out of my flat by next month and I can't afford to move anywhere else in London" I mumbled, avoiding eye contact with him but I could still feel his piercing blue eyes on me. He put a finger under my chin, forcing me to look up into his eyes,

"I'll help you think of a way to get around this Ava. We'll sort this out together, I might be your boss but I'm your friend as well" Niall said firmly, holding eye contact the whole time. Although his words did reassure me a bit, I didn't really know what Niall could do to help me and I was shocked when I heard his suggestion.

"We have a few weeks off so I'll help you move out and you can move into my flat for a while if you want?"

"I couldn't do that to you, Niall! You already do so much for me"
"Ava, you're my best friend, it really wouldn't bother me, my flat's big enough, there's a couple of spare rooms so you can decide which one you want. If I'm being honest, it gets quite lonely there by myself sometimes" he said as he pulled me into a tight hug again and kissed the top of my head gently, being held in Niall's arms made me feel loved in a way I had never felt before. 

The next day

I was now sitting in my flat which was no empty except a few empty boxes that Niall and I were getting ready to put in his car, it was too short notice for us to hire a van to move my stuff so we've had to do multiple trips with Niall's car which had taken a while as I lived in a much poorer area of London than Niall. He had connected his phone to the speaker in my kitchen and was dancing and singing along with the music while helping me pack, it had been quite fun, seeing Niall getting distracted from packing my clothes into boxes because he had started doing air guitar again. I couldn't help but smile and imagine how fun it would be living with him and spending so much time with him outside of tour.