with the help of jungkook's large hand on his back, jimin sat up. face pale, eyes droopy and lips puffy. he looked at his thumb and noticed it had gone wrinkly, blood rushed to his cheeks as he realised why. "did i suck my thumb?" jimin whispered, face flushed with embarrassment. jungkook nodded, a comforting smile painted on his face as his hand caressed the latter's warm cheek. "don't worry about it, it was cute". the elder's face heated up even more from the unexpected compliment, "t-thanks" he replied, quietly.

jungkook stood up, his warm aura immediately tearing from jimin's as he walked out of the room. a quiet sob left jimin's mouth as he was left on the sofa, alone. for some reason, jimin had always been sensitive when he woke up; he was more clingy, more affectionate and needy. the fact jungkook had just left him made jimin feel vulnerable and it wasn't long until he wanted to cry, hundreds of thoughts came flooding to his head, wondering if jungkook was abandoning him, if it was because he slept funny, because he was sucking his thumb, because he was too touchy, because he wasn't good enough. jimin mentally slapped himself for even thinking he was good enough for jungkook, "i'm just a stupid mommy's boy. that's all i'll ever be!". tears fell from jimin's crimson cheeks, his eyes glazed over as he sobbed into his hands. "why a-am i li-like this" he blubbered, his petite body beginning to tremble from the overwhelming thoughts and uncontrollable crying. "jimin?" jungkook shouted, a clear tone of concern in his voice. jungkook quickly put down the glass of cold water he had in his hand and ran to jimin, wrapping his arms around him without hesitation. jimin was too weak to do anything and instead melted into jungkook's hold, more tears streaming down his face and soaking the younger's shoulder, a wet patch forming on his sweatshirt. "breathe, baby. it's okay, i've got you" jungkook lulled, hand rubbing jimin's back as the latter sniffled at the comforting words. "shh, puppy" the younger hushed into jimin's neck before he pecked at the soft skin.

jimin's erratic breathing soon calmed down as jungkook continued to whisper sweet, pacifying words into his ear. his shaking body soon returning back to its regular state, locked against jungkook's much more muscular and larger frame. "thank you" jimin sniffled, as jungkook carefully pulled away, making sure not to upset the elder even more so. "it's okay, baby, it's okay" he smiled, bringing his thumb up to jimin's tear stained cheeks and wiping them away. "why were you crying?" jungkook asked, trying not to sound too nosey. jimin looked down, playing with his sweater paws as he tried to figure out how he was going to put this without sounding ridiculous. "um.. i thought you were leaving me. i thought kookie didn't like me. abandon me" jungkook's heart broke at the last two words, he pouted and pulled jimin back into a hug, much tighter than the last. "i'm not leaving you. not now, not ever. i promise." he replied in a much more serious tone. jimin's heartbeat began to calm down and soon synchronised with his own, making jungkook satisfied as he pulled away once again.

-

jimin's mood had improved majorly since jungkook had comforted him. the younger had been playing with jimin's hair as his head rested on jungkook's chest, cheek squished against the toned body. "you want some water now, pup?" jungkook asked, large hand now stroking jimin's back in gentle circular motions. the smaller boy just nodded, slowly dragging himself off jungkook. the younger pouted, seeing how jimin struggled to pull himself off the other, arms too weak to hold himself up properly. once jimin had peeled himself off the younger, jungkook rushed to grab the glass before him and without asking, held the glass against jimin's lips before tipping it slightly so he could drink the water. jungkook's spare hand was holding jimin's jaw, tilting his head upwards so the water wouldn't spill over him. jimin's smaller hands reached up and pawed at jungkook's much larger hand, which was holding the glass, signalling he had had enough water. jungkook placed the glass back on the table, looking at jimin who was left softly panting because of him previously greedily gulping down the water.