6 ; tata and cooky

"hi jungkook!" the younger boy greeted as he silently drops his bag on the floor, dragging a chair from the back of the classroom.

jungkook wore more casual clothes compared to the week before; a blue and white striped t-shirt and black skinny jeans.

he was leaning back on the chair, spreading his legs wide as he focused on his phone.

"hey taehyung," jungkook said unfazed, eyes never leaving the borders of his phone.

"what are you do-"

"taehyung? can you come here for awhile?" ms kang's voice interrupted him. he quickly got up from his seat and walked to her.

jungkook momentarily dragged his gaze off his phone, finally seeing the boy's adorable outfit. he wore a long-sleeved maroon shirt and a pair of flare baggy pants. to top his adorable look, he wore an oversized cardigan and a maroon coloured beret. he chuckled before immediately going back to texting his friend.

he didn't realise taehyung was back at his seat until he heard his soft voice speak up, "jungkook?"

jungkook finally put his phone down, averting his direction to the boy who almost exactly resembled like a baby kitten.

"yes?"

"ms kang told me about our coming assignment. w-would you like to work with me on it? it's um- a pair work so we need to choose partners but if you have someone else in-"

"taehyung, i'll be your partner," jungkook cut off his shaky rambling, smiling widely at the younger's cuteness.

"really? that's great! let's choose our topic," he giggled. they were both around half an hour early to class, for no reason in specific. taehyung quickly went back to the teacher's table to grab both of their files before hurriedly walking back.

jungkook just planted his cheek on his left palm, facing the blonde boy as he watched him scurry around the room. when taehyung did come back, jungkook just stared at him, observing how taehyung's cheeks were dusted pink.

taehyung was about to reach into his file to show jungkook their task sheets before a very pretty girl showed up in front of their table. taehyung recognised the girl; she was the same girl who was clinging onto him since the first week.

"jungkookie~ you're early today," she smiled, an evident dimple finding a way to her right cheek, "let's walk together!"

taehyung sat there dumbfounded; it was so awkward. he was about to tell jungkook that he could leave but before he could even open his mouth, jungkook had taken off from his seat to run out the class with the girl - without even looking at him, let alone saying something.

taehyung sat there dumbfoundedly; what a a 'jerk' thing to do-

but he didn't think much of it, and instead decided to go to jimin's class.

at least he pays attention.

"hey tae," jimin grinned widely as taehyung took a seat next to him. jimin's class started when taehyung's did which meant he wasn't doing anything then. taehyung giggled at the older boy before starting to tell jimin about his week.

taehyung really liked jimin; even though they only knew each other for two weeks, he felt like they were best friends - like they were two jigsaw pieces that found each other.

jimin gently combed his fingers through taehyung's hair. he wasn't messing it up though, unlike jungkook, taehyung thought.

"tae, how are you are so pretty?" jimin asked, smiling.

taehyung blushed deeply at the compliment. "am not," he whined, pushing jimin's hand away.

"yes, you are."

"no-"

taehyung was about to protest but jimin cut him off, "tae, class starts in three minutes. you should go," he said, laughing, pushing the other boy away.

"bye jiminie," he pouted. "bye pretty," jimin chuckled as taehyung playfully glared at him before rushing out the class.

"hey, where did you go?" jungkook asked as the younger returned to his place.

"wow jungkook, i left, didn't i?" taehyung retorted, rolling his eyes.

jungkook realised what he meant before nervously laughing to himself when he the younger dragged his chair to the furthest spot on the table.

jungkook followed him, leaving no gap in between as they both occupied the corner of the table. "taehyungie~ we can discuss now," he said cutely, in hopes of making the other boy talk to him.

"no. go away."

jungkook was going to continue but he heard his teacher call out for their attention, so he moved back to his place.

after that jungkook went silent, not bothering the other anymore. taehyung didn't turn to look at him and see what he was doing, instead he finished copying down the notes for the project. it hadn't been more than ten minutes when taehyung felt a ball of crumpled paper bounce of his beret. he turned to a pouting jungkook and sneered at him before picking up the note and unravelling it.

'hello taehyung. it's me jungkook, your favourite senior :)

i'm sorry for leaving you today morning :( will you forgive me? pretty please?'

at the bottom of the note, he saw a drawing of a bunny and a weird heart shaped creature smiling. he labelled them, tata as taehyung, cooky as jungkook. in the drawing 'cooky' was asking 'tata' for forgiveness, bowing down to the heart shaped creature that wore a king's cape and crown.

taehyung couldn't hold in his smile as he broke into a fit of giggles. he saw jungkook's face light up as he brought his chair back to its original spot. he playfully rolled his eyes before asking, "tata and cooky? that's cute," he laughed.

"i knew what would make you forgive me!"

"don't push it jeon," taehyung said, threatening to move again.

"wait no!" jungkook smiled again. "what topic do you want to do?"

"i wanted to pick sceneries but if you have some other idea, i don't mind."

"i actually wanted sceneries too," jungkook laughed.

"okay then, great."

an awkward silence fell between the two teenage boys before jungkook decided to break it.

"so what's up with you and jimin?"

"jiminie? he's my best friend - even though it's only been two weeks," he quietly laughed, thinking about the orange-haired boy.

"is she your girlfriend?" taehyung suddenly asked.

"who?"

"the girl from today morning."

jungkook laughed, "taehyung, i don't do relationships. i'm just messing around. i don't want to date anyone."

"wha-what? she seems like she really likes you."

"yeah? it's fine. she'll get over it. i mean, she has to."

taehyung decided to drop the whole topic, not wanting to find out more on how much of a jerk jungkook could be.

thank you! please leave votes and comments so i can hear your opinions :)

i'll be updating twice a week because i really want to deliver well written chapters!

p.s. the plot has a lot more to cover so don't think it's just going to go in this direction! it's just that i want to show you how they are all meeting and becoming closer friends so i hope you aren't getting bored >~<